cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstelljes
Occasional Member - Level 1

Transmit Company information to Hotel for billing purposes

The Hotel invoices need to be addressed to our company (name, address) as it otherwise will not be accepted / taxation issues. Often Hotels are creating wrong invoices, either other addresses as we have several offices worldwide or the home address or they just ask for all information.

This creates extra effort and time:

1. Is there an option, that concur transmit automatically the desired billing address to the hotel? (if yes, please send a full description how to set it up correctly)

2. If Concur does not have such a valuable function: Is there a function in Concur, which can fill the "note to hotel" with a predefined text by User (e.g. setting up a billing field and in the note to Hotel it will be prefilled without interaction from user).

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dstelljes are all hotel stays for your employees paid for by the company? Employees do not have to pay for the hotel, is that right? 

Have you considered using a Ghost Card? This is where one company card is entered in as the form of payment for hotels. This allows your users to book the hotel and then the hotel bill is paid for on this card. This would alleviate the need for invoices to be sent. Just an idea and something to consider. 

The two things you asked, as far as I know, are not something the SAP Concur system has available. Maybe someone else here on the Community knows. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dstelljes
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you Kevin for your answer and the suggestions of the Ghost card. If I understand correctly, the ghost card would be company credit card for company expenses.  To your question: Correct, all hotel stays are paid by our company if booked via concur. We have a company credit card added in Concur and this company credit card is used for all bookings. While have added the credit card, the hotels would still always ask when checking in for a credit card.

The problem is not the payment, I would be fine to give my company credit card to the hotel. The problem is, that the invoices from the hotels are not addressed to the company I'm working for and always need guidance to make it right. (Tax office need the company name on the invoice, so that can be accepted as company expenses)

It is really interesting, that in 2022 such simple things are not included in the software of a multimillion company and need manual adjustments/work where I believe the technology today should be capable to solve that.  As the tax requirement is not a company requirement, I would have thought that SAP would be able to have a simple solution which we are only not aware yet.

ThomasK
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Couldn't  agree more! It is about Concur not populating the correct BILLING ADDRESS when making the booking and subsequently the invoice address is wrong leading to a wild goose chase and monster waste of time.

tandras84
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

I have the similar issue. When I book a hotel, the hotel receives the Company Name as maintained in my Work Address in My Profile, but this Company is not correct, and I cannot edit it. I can set an Assigned Location, where the correct company name is shown, but this information won't be transmitted to the hotel apparently.

Regards

Andras

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tandras84 there really isn't any need for this information to be transmitted to the hotel. That is why it isn't transmitted. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.