cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teriadams
Occasional Member - Level 1

Same day Travel booking or cancelation

Does concur support same day travel bookings or cancelations?  I believe Marvell is on the Professional platform and supported by a TMC and are being told that same day bookings or cancellations must be supported by an agent.  I am trying to understand if this a Concur limitation or a TMC configuration.  For new bookings we do use Concur Approve with a Passive approval so I assume I would need to create an Urgent or Same Day trip type that did not require approval to avoid any approval delays if Concur supports same day bookings? 

Is there a delay between Concur and Sabre that would create a delay that I would need to take into consideration?

For changes or cancelations Marvell does not require approval is there a minimum time frame where tickets can be altered on Concur?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@teriadams great questions...let me address them separately. 

Does concur support same day travel bookings or cancelations? I believe Concur Travel can, but it also depends on how Concur Travel was configured. It might be set up in a way that doesn't allow users to do same bookings or cancelations. If that is what Marvell is being told, then it likely is something they do not allow in their configuration of Concur Travel. 

For new bookings we do use Concur Approve with a Passive approval so I assume I would need to create an Urgent or Same Day trip type that did not require approval to avoid any approval delays if Concur supports same day bookings? To allow this you would need to probably create a travel rule that allows same day booking without passive approval. Just be careful that the new rule that allows same day with no approval, doesn't conflict with the rule in place that requires passive approval. If the passive approval is for all bookings, you might need turn that rule off and enable another rule that says if booking is greater than 24 hours, require passive approval. This should then allow bookings 24 hours or less to go through with no approval. 

For changes or cancelations Marvell does not require approval is there a minimum time frame where tickets can be altered on Concur? I haven't heard there is a time frame for changes. However, do you know if Marvell has allowed what we call Post-ticketing change within the Concur Travel tool? A lot of companies do not turn this on and require users to go through the TMC for changes to already booked airfare. You'll need to check to see if this is enabled. The TMC should know.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.