cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirakira
Occasional Member - Level 1

First time booking trip

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to SAP Concur Travel so I'm hoping to get some guidance on how to navigate this tool. 

1. What does each status mean under the Upcoming Trips? At which point do I need to worry about non-refund/cancellation fee? So far I've encountered the following:

a. In progress-unfinished reservation

b. Awaiting approval by XYZ. Approval deadline is mm/dd/yy.

b. Rejected

c. Rejected and withdrawn

d. Withdrawn 

e. Ticketed

2. I made a mistake of cancelling my trip (case 1d above). It was still awaiting approval at the point of trip cancellation. I called the travel agent to un-cancel the cancelled trip or rebook another one with same details. The agent assured me that they would be able to help me with the first option. However, I still see the status reflected as "Withdrawn" although they told me my manager should have received a notification to approve the trip as they realized it was stuck in the Q and fixed it. I checked with my manager and she hasn't seen anything in her mailbox. Should I just wait? I probably will call the travel agent again but I'm curious to know if this is by design.

Thank you for your time. I did try reading up the guide but can't seem to arrive at a concrete answer myself so I decide to give this forum a try. Hoping a kind soul can point me towards the right direction : )

Regards,

K

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kirakira Welcome to the community. We are glad you are here and posted your question. Let me see if I can shed some light on the items you listed. See my responses in red.

What does each status mean under the Upcoming Trips? At which point do I need to worry about non-refund/cancellation fee? So far I've encountered the following:

a. In progress-unfinished reservation - You have made some selections as far as air, car and/or hotel but didn't complete the entire process or go through all the screens necessary to get your reservation submitted for approval. 

b. Awaiting approval by XYZ. Approval deadline is mm/dd/yy. Your trip itinerary has been completed and submitted to your travel approver for approval. They have until the listed date and time to approve or the trip will be canceled you you will need to start over. 

b. Rejected - Your approver did not approve the trip

c. Rejected and withdrawn - Approver did not approve and the itinerary is essentially canceled

d. Withdrawn - You canceled the itinerary or withdrew it from being approved.

e. Ticketed - Itinerary has been booked. Airfare has been purchased

I am not sure you can uncancel a trip. I think you just have to start over and a new trip and record locator get created. However, if your approver hasn't received anything, it might be possible that the system is seeing this as the original trip and therefore since your approver already received notification from the original booking, it might not have resent. I'm just speculating here. 

I would call the travel agency and let them know your approver hasn't received a notification and have them double-check if the itinerary was actually booked. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kirakira Welcome to the community. We are glad you are here and posted your question. Let me see if I can shed some light on the items you listed. See my responses in red.

What does each status mean under the Upcoming Trips? At which point do I need to worry about non-refund/cancellation fee? So far I've encountered the following:

a. In progress-unfinished reservation - You have made some selections as far as air, car and/or hotel but didn't complete the entire process or go through all the screens necessary to get your reservation submitted for approval. 

b. Awaiting approval by XYZ. Approval deadline is mm/dd/yy. Your trip itinerary has been completed and submitted to your travel approver for approval. They have until the listed date and time to approve or the trip will be canceled you you will need to start over. 

b. Rejected - Your approver did not approve the trip

c. Rejected and withdrawn - Approver did not approve and the itinerary is essentially canceled

d. Withdrawn - You canceled the itinerary or withdrew it from being approved.

e. Ticketed - Itinerary has been booked. Airfare has been purchased

I am not sure you can uncancel a trip. I think you just have to start over and a new trip and record locator get created. However, if your approver hasn't received anything, it might be possible that the system is seeing this as the original trip and therefore since your approver already received notification from the original booking, it might not have resent. I'm just speculating here. 

I would call the travel agency and let them know your approver hasn't received a notification and have them double-check if the itinerary was actually booked. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kirakira

Hi @KevinD , 

Thank you for coming to the rescue 😀. These are very helpful information. I just want to get more clarity on the question around when I have to worry about being charged with any fee. I just want to know if there's any penalty if I decide to change my mind at any point of the process, especially while I still try to figure different option before submitting for review or while it is being under reviewed by my manager. I understand that most likely there might be a change fee implications if the trip has been ticketed.

Regards,

K

jtaheri

whom do we need to calls to get startled??

jtaheri

any one to call ?

bagdevm
New Member - Level 1

HOW TO BBOK A RENTAL CAR?

MARIAF1

I need to book a trip, and the screen I was familiar with is no longer there.