cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksleini
Occasional Member - Level 1

Delta Economy Comfort seats on Concur Travel

Hi,

New to these forums. I work in a Corporate Travel TMC and we have travelers that are inquiring about booking Delta Economy Comfort seats on Concur. We are doing tests and are finding that these seats always show up as ''Occupied'' on the Concur seat Map although one traveler has the Gold Medallion status with his Skymiles he has the same issue.

Has anyone any idea if these seats can be selected through Concur?

Thank you

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ksleini great question and here is how I have understood the selection of upgraded seats. The best way to ensure you get these seats is to work directly with the airline. For some reason, when searching and selecting seats in SAP Concur, it might not recognize the status of the traveler and know that they should be allowed to choose those more preferred seats. I wish I knew why, but I am not sure. I'll post internally and see if I can get an answer from our Travel team.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scosmit
New Member - Level 1

I have a similar problem. I'm platinum medallion. Within the last few months when ever I make a reservation I'm put on the upgrade list for first class, but not Comfort Plus. I used to consistently be upgraded to Comfort Plus at no cost because of how frequently I travel.  I talked to an agent at Delta and they said that this is a Concur problem on how the ticket is being booked with the selected preferences. My preferences with Delta are set correctly and I don't see where I can select this within the Concur preferences. The only thing I can select for Delta is the frequent flyer number.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scosmit it's been some time since I've flown on Delta, so I don't know how they operate. You said you used to get upgraded to Comfort Plus. Were these on flights booked through Concur Travel? If so, it seems odd that your upgrades would suddenly stop. 

I don't want to sound like I'm passing the buck, but airlines seem to want to say it is a Concur problem. SAP Concur pulls fares that are published by the airlines. Unless Delta has fares that are not eligible for Comfort Plus upgrades and those are the flights showing up in SAP Concur based on how your travel admins set up the site, then I would say the issue could be with Delta.

Let me ask you this...when you book your Delta flights in Concur Travel, are you selecting a seat? I know that if your status is such that you can choose Comfort Plus, those seats should be available on the seat map when you are booking.

Lastly, I would recommend speaking with someone at your company's travel agency and have them look at your last booking to see what type of fare class it is. They might be able to help figure out why you aren't getting the Comfort Plus upgrade. Strange that you get on the first class upgrade list, but not the Comfort Plus upgrade list.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.