cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowachance
New Member - Level 1

Can we save a reservation and go back to purchase later?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nowachance If your company has enabled the feature, you should be able to put the reservation On Hold. When you get to one of the last screens during the reservation, you will see a button to Hold the reservation. It will hold it for at least 24 hours. Keep in mind that the selected airfare could no longer be available if you put the trip on hold. 

If your company has not enabled the Hold option, what can happen if you navigate away from any reservation screen after selecting your flight option, you will see an Unfinished reservation link in the Alerts section of the SAP Concur home screen. You can click the link to finish the reservation, but this is not the same as putting it on Hold. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
NatalieUlmer
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

we have an approval workflow in place. The employee selects an air trip and book it regularly.

However, in certain cases the ticket will not be purchased immediately but forwarded to the supervisor for approval. After the approval the ticket will be purchased automatically.

Is this technically the same as putting a trip on hold? I'm asking because of the Evolution of Travel - according to our TMC the on hold feature is not supported on the new platform yet. If it is the same, we will not be able to us our approval workflow anymore, correct?

Thanks, 
Natalie 

@NatalieUlmer No, this is not the same as being put on hold. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdawson the "On Hold" option is not the same as needing supervisor approval. I'll need to check on whether our new travel experience offers the on hold option or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdawson I asked about the On Hold option and your TMC was correct. On Hold is not currently available. I think it is planned for sometime in 2024. It isn't a high priority since less than 1% of trips get put on hold.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey