cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DA8
New Member - Level 1

American Airlines Points

Now that American Airlines has changed how you can earn Frequent Flyer points.  Will we still earn Frequent Flyer points when booking our flights through Concur?

11 REPLIES 11
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@DA8 Hi!  Thanks for reaching out here.  I am not sure what the change is that they made, but you should still be able to link your FF# within your SAP Concur profile or add it during/after you book your travel.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dlh3571
New Member - Level 1

Basically American is stating that as of May 1st 2024, Concur needs to be an approved partner agency with them in order to receive loyalty points and miles. Can you confirm that Concur is an approved agency?

DA8
New Member - Level 1

Here's a portion of the email I received from AA.

The question is when booking my flights through Concur does AA consider Concur a "preferred travel agency"?

DA8_1-1708532681101.png

TXSK
New Member - Level 1

Following, as I have the same question. 

Atruppa
New Member - Level 1

@MelanieT  - I have the same question on the new policy from American Airlines. How do we know if our company participates in the AAdvantage Business program?

tracyh312
Occasional Member - Level 2

I think it also depends if you have a direct relationship with Concur or utilize Concur through a reseller (TMC).  We utilize Concur via our TMC.  A preferred agency (in AA's eyes) is an agency that as of April 1st is booking at least 30% of AA revenue through NDC channels.  Our TMC is  not doing that as of right now but are working to get there.  So, my travelers will certainly see a disruption as it relates to them getting their miles for business travel.  I'm not sure where Concur stands from a direct relationship standpoint.  All I know is that AA continues to shoot themselves in the foot with their practices.  We have advised our travelers to book with other carriers when possible.  AA is not being very fair to corporate travelers or the travel management community that support those travelers.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Atruppa @DA8 @tracyh312 @TXSK  Let me check with our Travel teams and see what info I can get for you!  

@dlh3571 Thank you for that explanation, that is very helpful as well 🙂

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all...I'm asking internally about this. In the mean time, I would highly recommend you speak with your TMC. Concur isn't a travel agency and tickets are ultimately issued and fulfilled by your TMC, so they should know if they are considered an approved partner or not with American. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
cheska
Occasional Member - Level 1

Who is our TMC- the number we call?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone. One of my colleagues posted an article about this very topic. Here is a link to the article: Continue to Earn AAdvantage Miles. 

I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
tracyh312
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thanks for sharing!