cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jthokie
Occasional Member - Level 1

AA Name and TSA Pre-check Issues

I noticed on my last two flights that my TSA Pre-check did not show up.  After chatting with American Airlines, we believe that we identified the problem.  The name on my reservation is coming across as First Name Middle Initial Middle Name Last Name (ex. Jim A Andrew Smith instead of Jim Andrew Smith).  Because of the addition of the middle initial plus my middle name, this is preventing my TSA Pre-check from working.  This does not happen when I book directly with American Airlines, but my corporate policy requires me to book through Concur.  Pre-COVID I was traveling a ton, and this never happened.  Not sure if it was an update to Concur or possibly something in my company changed.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any suggestions on ways to resolve it?

15 REPLIES 15
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jthokie do you have your full name on your American Airlines profile? 

I looked at your SAP Concur profile and it only shows your middle name...I didn't see your initial. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jthokie

Thank you for taking a look.  Yes, I have my full name in my American Airlines profile (assuming you mean on aa.com).

SarahSlattery
New Member - Level 1

I am having this issue too! Are you able to take a look at my account to help me resolve?

@SarahSlattery I'm not sure I can provide any assistance, but you would have to see how your name appears on your flight reservations and then double-check with the different airlines to see how your name is listed on your frequent flyer programs. 

You'll need to make sure the name is the same on all programs and that it matches how your name appears on your SAP Concur Travel profile.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tvarner
Super User
Super User

We are having this issue as well. However, in our issue the employee name is matching what is in the Concur profile. We had them give us a screenshot of their AA account and the TSA card and they match what we have in Concur. We then have another that it is similar to the above. It would be nice if there was an enhancement to the Concur profile that allows for the name adjustment to match the pre-check.

Deweytorres1

I have the same problem but the names all match but Concur is putting my First name and last name in the First name field in my passenger information.  This doesn't match the TSA name so it doesn't get added to my boarding pass.  I don't understand why it is combing my first and last name when I have them filled out as separate fields in my Concur profile.  Any thoughts? 

@Deweytorres1 I've posted this issue internally. I'll let you know if I hear anything back. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@Deweytorres1 we tried looking up your SAP Concur profile, but didn't didn't find anyone with your name. Could you private message me your SAP Concur log in ID and or your work email address, please? Without either of these, we won't be able to look into this.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
TPJ

I discovered a similar issue.  My name is getting messed up somewhere between Concur and American Airlines even though both the SAP Profile and the American Airlines Profile match exactly.  I don't have a problem with TSA, but I just realized that no miles have been recorded since June of 2021. I got most of them back, but when I called American they said I will continue to have the problem since it is repeating my middle name as part of the first name and also then separately.  I have almost an identical problem with Avis. Not sure what to do.  

puhil

I have updated my Concur profile multiple times and my TSA pre-check does not show up when I use the Concur to book my flights.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@puhil do you mean your pre-check doesn't appear on your boarding pass or it doesn't show on your itinerary details in Concur Travel?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
puhil

yes, the TSA pre-check does not appear on my boarding pass.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@puhil and you have your pre-check entered on all of your airline rewards profiles?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
puhil

that is correct concur keeps adding Mr. Paul Brian Hill. it seem that Concur is not updating

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@puhil that is odd. I'm looking at your travel profile right now and the Title field is blank, so I'm not sure where that is coming from. Have you tried calling your Travel Agency to see if Mr. is showing on their end for you?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey