cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_wang
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Invoice

Hi Community,

This might be an elementary question. I am implementing Concur Invoice. What happens if the vendor sends Concur its invoice BEFORE the vendor is approved in Concur? Thanks in advance! 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@l_wang here is the documentation I found:

New Vendor – Temporary
NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY ultimately means capture could not locate a vendor, the name or detailed records were not a match to anything in the database, and capture assumes this is a new vendor. This is when an invoice comes in through Invoice Capture without an approved, matching or existing vendor. The Invoice Invoice Capture process assigns that Invoice a temporary Vendor record called “NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY”. This is in essence a “placeholder” vendor. The Invoice Capture process places the Invoice into the Unassigned Invoice queue.

AP User proactively goes into the Unassigned queue and does 1 of a couple of things:

1. Finds an already approved vendor, changes it in the invoice and assigns it to the correct owner. The owner will then is able to submit invoice for approval routing.
2. Looks at the Invoice and if it’s established that the vendor does not truly reside in Concur system, they take the necessary steps to import the vendor record.(approved vendor import) Once the vendor record is imported into the system, the AP User goes back into that Unassigned Request queue and the AP User repeats step 1 as described above. It’s at that point, that the assigned owner, can submit the Invoice.

Invoice that come into Invoice Capture with NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY vendor assignment, are placed into the Unassigned Request queue. This queue should be monitored by AP daily so there are no email reminder set up for the queue. The queue works much like the expense processor queue. Neither of these queues are set up with email reminder functionality as for most clients these queues are monitored daily. The Unassigned Request queue is a holding area for AP users to go in and assign vendors when the vendor is approved. From there AP user can move the invoice to the invoice owners queue.

To avoid submitting an invoice with “NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY” vendor assignment can be prevented through an audit rule set up and established by Concur. The purpose of the rule is to disable the possibility of an invoice with unassigned vendor assignment to be fully approved and paid within Concur.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@l_wang I have a theory on what happens, but since Invoice isn't my strongest area, I've reached out internally to see if I can get an answer.

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@l_wang here is the documentation I found:

New Vendor – Temporary
NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY ultimately means capture could not locate a vendor, the name or detailed records were not a match to anything in the database, and capture assumes this is a new vendor. This is when an invoice comes in through Invoice Capture without an approved, matching or existing vendor. The Invoice Invoice Capture process assigns that Invoice a temporary Vendor record called “NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY”. This is in essence a “placeholder” vendor. The Invoice Capture process places the Invoice into the Unassigned Invoice queue.

AP User proactively goes into the Unassigned queue and does 1 of a couple of things:

1. Finds an already approved vendor, changes it in the invoice and assigns it to the correct owner. The owner will then is able to submit invoice for approval routing.
2. Looks at the Invoice and if it’s established that the vendor does not truly reside in Concur system, they take the necessary steps to import the vendor record.(approved vendor import) Once the vendor record is imported into the system, the AP User goes back into that Unassigned Request queue and the AP User repeats step 1 as described above. It’s at that point, that the assigned owner, can submit the Invoice.

Invoice that come into Invoice Capture with NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY vendor assignment, are placed into the Unassigned Request queue. This queue should be monitored by AP daily so there are no email reminder set up for the queue. The queue works much like the expense processor queue. Neither of these queues are set up with email reminder functionality as for most clients these queues are monitored daily. The Unassigned Request queue is a holding area for AP users to go in and assign vendors when the vendor is approved. From there AP user can move the invoice to the invoice owners queue.

To avoid submitting an invoice with “NEW VENDOR – TEMPORARY” vendor assignment can be prevented through an audit rule set up and established by Concur. The purpose of the rule is to disable the possibility of an invoice with unassigned vendor assignment to be fully approved and paid within Concur.

Thank you,
Kevin