cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon1
Occasional Member - Level 2

missing required fields in app

When entering a receipt in the app, some of the required fields are missing (ie for Business Meal, the attendee field is not present.  This causes everyone to have to go back in and add it afterward when it is flagged.

How can I set it to where all required fields are showing when entering through the app?

7 REPLIES 7
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Shannon1 Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community.

When you use the + Create button on the homepage of the SAP Concur mobile app, you are creating a quick expense.

The mobile quick expense feature is designed to capture very basic information of an expense. As per the current system design, the quick expense feature displays only the system fields Expense Type, Amount, Date, Vendor, Location and Comment. It's also possible to attach a receipt to the expense entry. By design, these are the only fields that appear and it's not possible to add or remove any fields to it.

Users will see custom fields after they move the quick expense to an expense report. If they create the expense entry directly inside an expense report, they will also see all custom fields and will be able to fill them out.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jeffwillis12
Occasional Member - Level 1

I am seeing a similar issue, however, I was able to narrow it down to a very specific issue.  I have an expense report created and am adding expenses to the report.  I have noticed that if I create an expenese within the report from my desktop PC, all is well, however, if I create and expense from the app I get an error that says: "missing required field: country".    Once this error has occured, even if I go back to the desktop to open the expense their is now way to clear the error.  Country is not a field that is available anywhere on the web or app and there is no way to satisfy the missing field.  I beleive this is a bug in the SAP concur app.  Can you please advise?

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jeffwillis12  I have seen this issue come up with the Mobile app.  What you can do, and I know it's not ideal, but when you go back in via your PC you can remove that line item back to available expenses and then re-add it to the report and the error should go away.   

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jeffwillis12

@MelanieT  

@leedau  

This is basically what I have been forced to do.  I now have to create the expenses on the PC, but use my phone to take pictures of the receipts and then add them to each expense.  Ideally, I would like to use the app for everything which is how I have been using for a couple years now so I can avoid going back and forth between PC and the app.  Is there any way you can get the developers to look at this bug and let me know when it is addressed?  Having to use my PC basically doubles the amount of work for me to submit expenses becuase I usually do them real time as I collect receipts for expenses as I travel.  If you need more information regarding my phone hardware and firmware please let me know.  Thanks for the quick response on this. 

ysorensen

@MelanieT @leedau 

I am also having the same issue as @jeffwillis12,  I have many employees who use their mobile app for submitting expenses and they like to create them real time. I'm jumping on this thread in hopes of getting an update if and when this bug is fixed.  Thanks

ysorensen

I have more information after doing more tests with other users.  IPhone users don't seem to have this problem.

Android users do if they are using version 10.6.1 (2023122115).   Hoping for an update soon.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ysorensen There is not a date as to when this will be fixed.  I would suggest creating a Support ticket, if you do not have access to that, letting your SAP Concur Admin know and have them submit a Support ticket. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen