cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klohr
Occasional Member - Level 1

hotel ran card twice

Hi, I'm not sure what to do.  I was traveling overseas and the hotel I stayed at charged my card, seemingly 2 random amounts that add up to the total itemized bill.  I tried to combine the charges so the itemization would work, but I can't seem to do that.  I reached out to the Concur help desk, they said contact the hotel for a receipt that itemizes to the charges, but when I emailed the hotel I got no response.  It's like they held  a deposit or something when I checked in, then just charged the difference when I left.  Any suggestions what to do so I don't get errors on my expense report?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@klohr just treat these as if you stayed at two different hotels. You may need to be a little creative when itemizing, but as long as you use Hotel/Room Rate for the expense type, you should be good. Maybe enter one of the charges as a one night stay.

As an FYI, you cannot combine expenses that come from the same source. Meaning, two company card charges cannot be combined together.

Although you have one receipt, it can be attached to two different entries. Be sure to have a copy of the receipt saved locally on your computer. You can attach the same file to both charges. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@klohr just treat these as if you stayed at two different hotels. You may need to be a little creative when itemizing, but as long as you use Hotel/Room Rate for the expense type, you should be good. Maybe enter one of the charges as a one night stay.

As an FYI, you cannot combine expenses that come from the same source. Meaning, two company card charges cannot be combined together.

Although you have one receipt, it can be attached to two different entries. Be sure to have a copy of the receipt saved locally on your computer. You can attach the same file to both charges. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.