cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majidh
Occasional Member - Level 3

generating report of unreleased (hidden) transactions for all users

hi, please advise how i can generate a report of all unreleased (hidden) transactions for all of our users (we have over 850 users in our organisation). I can check for individuals under manage transactions in company card but dont know how to search to bring up these transactions for all of our users in one shot, it is very important for us to know this, as we do credit card reconciliation every month and these hidden/ unreleased transactions are imbalancing our recs so we dont know who they belong to. kindly, advise. Majid

17 REPLIES 17
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majidh Before I can assist you, I need to know if you are on our Professional platform of SAP Concur and if you are, have you used the Cognos reporting tool before? 

I'm asking because if you have Cognos experience, my explanation of how to build this report will be pretty straightforward. However, if you have never used the Cognos tool, it probably wouldn't make much sense. 

Once I know your experience level with Cognos, I can point you in the right direction.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Majidh

hi, any update please?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majidh please see my first reponse above where I asked you a couple of questions to determine if you are on our Professional platforma and if so, what level of Cognos experience you have. I won't be able to effectively help you without knowing this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Majidh

hi, we have inherited SAP Concur for few years now so myself and my team are in control of it as super users and helping over 10,000 employees across our organisation. I am not really sure what you mean by Professional platforma or Cognos expenrience at all as we are not familiar with these terms. We help our users for all credit cards/ reimbursement queries. I am not really sure what else you need to know. All I need is to generate a report that shows all hidden credit card transactions in Concur's back ground so this will give us an idea which card holder we need to communicate in order to help them with trasactions they have done but have not moved to their Concur file. I can locate an individual by searching their card # via company card-manage transactions to find their hidden reports, then move those to their file for coding but not sure how to search for all card holders in one report. thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majidh thank you for clarifying. You've given me what I need to know.

The only way to see all card holders with missing transactions in one place/report is through the Cognos reporting tool. Since you don't have any Cognos experience, it wouldn't do much good for me to provide the details of how to build this report. What I would recommend though is attending one of our free, yes I said free, Cognos training classes. This will give you an idea of how the tool works and provides a good foundation for building your own reports. 

You will need to be assigned a Cognos role of either Business Author or Professional Author to be able to build your own reports. 

I just looked and our last free class until October is going on this week and started today. However, we do have recordings of these classes that you can watch and get an idea. The recordings are here: https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/data-insights/intelligence. From this page you'll see a section labeled Topic. At the end of this list you will see a little down pointing arrow. You will need to click this arrow to expand additional topics. You are looking for the topics with Recorded Training Session in the title. There are four of them. 

Now, your other alternative is to see if there is someone in your company who has used the Cognos reporting and ask them to build the report for you. If you provide me your company's full name, I can look up and see who in your organization has the permissions/roles to use Cognos reporting. 

Having said all this, without having Cognos permissions, you will not be able to build this report. I'll await your reply with your company name. Once I get that, I can let you know who has the correct permissions. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Majidh

Hi,

Thank you for reply. My organisation is Auckland Council from New Zealand. I don’t think anybody in our organisations is familiar with Cognos tool & if so they are already gone. We are really stuck with difficult queries  like this and not sure how to go around them and it take us hours to search for answers but no success and all other users are relying on us to help as well. I will try your link for training or not sure if you can  build up the tools we need for us and send us a user manual. Awaiting your reply.

thanks

ashsanchez
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi @Majidh 

I think you mentioned being able to view in Company Card > Manage Transactions by individual... but fun fact! You can view 'all' with the '%' sign in the search field. I then selected 'user hidden' in my screenshot, but you can change the selection to whichever hidden transactions you were referring to. See screenshot example attached... You can also export to excel. Hopefully this helps!

Regards,

AshleyCompany Card - %.png

Majidh

thank you Ashley, I reckon that is what we need so that we can generate a report for all hidden payment received transactions.

Cheers

Majid

Majidh

hi Ashley, just one more question please, how to import a new cost centre or GL code into Concur? This is regarding those that have not moved from our SAP to Concur automatically, so we need to push them through manually. Cheers, Majid

ashsanchez
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi @Majidh,

You are able to add GL codes into Concur from the Expense Admin > Accounting Administration page. Similarly, the cost centers are added in Expense Admin > List Management. I would recommend opening a ticket through Concur Support if you are not familiar with these roles or if you do not see them available to you. I have all of the roles/permissions for my company because I went through training & I am now a certified Expense Administrator. Normally that is needed before Concur can grant you most roles. 

Regards,

Ashley

Majidh

Capture 1.PNG

hi Ashley,

I have access to list management and tried to import GL code 44350 and WBS code N.007149.08.09.

GL code shows successfully imported but doesnt appear to be available in our Concur and WBS code appears with no dots (all our WBS codes have been created with dots in SAP and moved to Concur accordingly). I am not sure, if I am missing some parts of this process. It would be wonderfull, if you can possibly share your detailed information.

Regards

Majid

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majidh what is GL Code 44350 for? What are you trying to accomplish? GL Codes are usually for Expense Types. Are you trying to add a new Expense Type with corresponding GL Code? If so, it is not done in List Management. It is done under Expense Type Import. Here you can open the Expense Type Import template and fill it out to import new expense types with their account codes. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Majidh

Hi Kevin,

It is actually an expense type but we also call it a GL code in our side. This expense has been created in our SAP so our related business unit wants to have it availablke in Concur, so once they can use it for specific transaction then this transaction will be posted from Concur to SAP with same code. Can you please tell me more details on how to import it from expense type import. This is very new to me.

Regards

Majid

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majidh first, we need to know if you even have permission to import Expense Types. This permission is not just given out to everyone. When you log into Concur and you go to Administration>Expense. Do you see the Expense Type Import option? 

If so, then use  this guide to help you: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/UG_Exp/Exp_UG_Exp_Type_Import.pdf. 

This should guide you through how to Import an Expense Type.

If the Expense Type Import option is not available, then you won't be able to import. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Majidh

Hi Kevin,

I think, I may not have this option. What I see under expense type is below. Not sure where to go from here and cannot find the template. Regards, Majid

Capture 2.PNG

Majidh

I clicked on the link you provided but it says this page is removed or not available.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Majidh As I suspected, you don't have the permissions to add new Expense Types. You have to take our Advanced Configuration training to get this permission. 

So, your options are: 1. Find the person who has this permission at your company and have them create the new expense type for you or 2. Take our Advanced Configuration class to get the permission. 

If you would like to sign up for one of our Open Enrollment classes, you can go to: https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/training/advanced-config to see the list of upcoming classes. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey