cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpick
Occasional Member - Level 2

customizing "Process Report" columns for end users

As an admin, when I am in the "Process Reports" area of Expense, I can customize the columns I see there by accessing "List Settings".  However, end users do not have this "List Settings" button (or any other customization options in that area).  Is it possible to either add this option to their role, OR for me as an admin to configure the fields that users can search by if they cannot customize their own report?  I am using Professional Edition, and specifically I am trying to add Report Key to those options for users to search on.  Thank  you!

4 REPLIES 4
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kpick For End Users, Report Key was deprecated and not available since January, 2022.  

• Report Key for Processors:  Still available on Processor list settings. If properly configured, can be found on Report Header and Detailed Report.  NOTE: This will be deprecated from Report Header when processor moves to NextGen UI.
  • Report Key for Approvers: If properly configured, can be found on Report Header and Detailed Report.  NOTE: This will be deprecated from Report Header when approver moves to NextGen UI.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kpick

@TriciaW So there is ANOTHER UI coming besides the one we had in 2022?  We have always used the Report Key as the identifier in our ERP for the report, which is why our users are asking to search by it.  Report Key does show to users on the Report Header and Detailed Report now.  At one point there was confusion about Report Key and Legacy Report Key but I saw nothing further about that so did not instruct our IT department to make any ERP changes.  I did begin to investigate as to whether we could transition to the six character alphanumeric Report Number but have not been able to get that field to appear on either document so it was difficult to make a case for it.   I would appreciate additional information about this if we must transition Report Key to use of another field instead.  Thank you.

TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kpick NextGen UI is the current UI.  SAP Concur, as any other application that uses relational database, needs unique identifiers for each entry on any part of the database. Considering that, we have some ways of identifying a report:

• Report ID is an identifier that SAP Concur generates and advises to be used by the clients as it will be completely randomly generated and is usually enough for tracking an Expense Report.
  • Report Number is a six-character alphanumeric identifier for an expense report automatically generated when the report is created. This unique identifier makes identifying and tracking specific expense reports easier for users, approvers, and processors. It is also recommended to start using this field as an unique identifier. 
  • Report Key is an internal field that was available on the Expense Report Header Form. However, this field was deprecated and is no longer recommended to be used as an unique identifier. It is recommended start using Report Number to replace it.

Also, to update the SAE File information to include Report Number (strongly recommended), it is recommended checking article How to make Report Number Field available in SAE file?

• The Report Number is the unique identifier recommended to be used by clients. 
  • The Report Key is the only Primary Key Identifier available to the client.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
hlucas

Hi, we want to make the change from Report Key to Report Number on our extracts however we need to be able to see the Report Number in the Processor view.  Currently we can not see the Report Number when in Processor View, unless I have just not found it yet.  We can only see Report Number if we are proxy'd as the associate.  Is there a way to put the Report Number on the Report Header, it currently includes the Report Key.

Thanks!
Heather Lucas