cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atutor
Occasional Member - Level 1

Workflow Routing Exception

I have "User A" who's expenses are approved by their manager.  However, due to some issues with some users not coding their expenses correctly, we wanted to have "User A" put into some of these workflows so that they can double check and fix before being moved to accounting to process.  For example, "User A" would review and fix "User B's" expense report before being moved on to "User B's" manager, however "User A" and "User B" have different managers that approve their expense reports.  Anyway to get around this?  Or does both users need to have the same manager to approve?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atutor I have a couple questions for you regarding this:

1. Is this for only one user or do you plan on having other users whose reports need to go to someone before their assigned manager?

2. Is this to happen for every expense report submitted by that user or just in certain situations? 

I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
atutor

Hi Kevin,

This would be for only one person right now and it would be for every expense report that User B submits.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atutor Whew! I'm glad that was your answer. LOL. Doing this for one person is much easier. 

You could make User A the Expense Delegate for User B. That way User A can go in and review User B's expense reports, make changes to the report as needed and even submit the report for User B. Since User A doesn't need to approve User B's report, making User A the delegate will accomplish this. Then when the report from User B is submitted (either by User A or B) it will go to User B's approver. 

You don't want to have User B's reports go to User A through a workflow because that would mean User A would then technically be one approver for User B and approvers are limited on what they can change on someone else's expense report. Delegates have free reign and change everything on someone else's report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
atutor

So I have some follow up to this.  I became an admin without any admin training so apologies for any ridiculous questions.

How do we assign a delegate?  

When we do have a delegate setup, are they notified once a report is to be reviewed and before it goes to the approver?

Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atutor See my answers in red. 

How do we assign a delegate?  You are on a Standard set up of SAP Concur, so each person that needs a delegate must do this on their own Profile Settings. You cannot add a delegate to someone's profile for them.

When we do have a delegate setup, are they notified once a report is to be reviewed and before it goes to the approver? No, they are not notified that the person they are a delegate for has created a report they need to review.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey