cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stsabrmc
New Member - Level 1

With SAP Concur Mobile App, Receipts Needing to be Captured & Uploaded Are No Longer Auto-Cropped

In the past, when using the SAP Concur mobile app to capture and upload receipts, when a receipt is put into view of the Concur app via the smartphone camera, it would autocrop out the background of the receipt and autocapture just the portion of the receipt the user needs to upload to an expense report. It was quick and easy and it worked really well. It no longer does this.

Instead, when a receipt is put into view of the camera, the app struggles to discern what is the receipt and what is the background as one sees the focus frame jump into and out of the shape of the receipt.  No matter what distance adjustments I make with the camera, it never seamlessly autocaptures and stays in the "Ready to Capture" manual mode and when I tap the capture button, the capture includes parts of the dark background that I lay the receipt on. I looked into the mobile app settings but didn't find any related to the autocrop /autocapture features that used to work so well.

I am running SAP Concur Mobile App version 9.109.0.2302030839 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS version 16.3.1. 

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stsabrmc when you turn on your camera from within the app, you will see three icons at the top of the screen. The middle icon is the one that does the focus frame that seems to "jump" around. if you turn this off, you can then just manually point at the receipt to capture what you need. At least that is how I have always used the built in capture option. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.