cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelS
Occasional Member - Level 2

Where can I find expense reports that I have approved?

Hi folks, 
I am able to find the expense reports that I submitted. But I have not found a way to see those reports which I have approved in my role as manager/approver. 
Is there a way to get those reports displayed, and - if so - how?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelS You will not be able to see these reports if you did not actually take any approval action on them. Now, if you have access to Cognos reporting, you could build a report to show you these reports. They won't be in the format of an expense report, but will be in a report (likely columns and rows of data). You can see all the report details, such as; employee name, report name, each expense entry, the amount, etc. 

If you log into SAP Concur, look at the top of the home screen for an option that says Reporting. If you see Reporting, mouse over and let me know what you see. It is very likely that if you do have access to Cognos reporting it will be in a read only capacity. This means you can run reports that others have created. It also will limit the data to those who you are listed as a default approver or BI Manager. 

Anyway, I know this is a lot. Let's first see if you have the Reporting option. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelS when logged into SAP Concur, click Approvals at the top of the screen. If you are only approving Expense Reports, your screen should say Reports Pending Your Approval. You'll see a blue View button. Click this button to see a list of options. That is where you can see reports you have approved. 

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MichaelS

Hi @KevinD , excellent. Thanks so much. Indeed I now can see the ones that I approved. 
Is there a way to find also those that my direct reports submitted, which I am required to review but for which no explicit approval is required?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelS Hmmm...if no explicit approval would be required, then I'm not sure why the report would even route to you for review.  Can you provide an example? 

I do know that some of our customers have some approvals skipped. For example, if an expense report was let's say under $500, some of our customers skip manager approval because the amount of the report is small. In these cases the report is auto-approved and goes to processing. Is this what you are referring to or something else?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MichaelS

@KevinD thanks for your prompt response!
Right, I sometimes receive messages like 'most expense reports do not require your explicit approval ... prior to payment, but your oversight is still required.' So as you assumed, they are automatically approved as long as specific requirements are met. And now I am interested to also find them in a Concur view/archive.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichaelS You will not be able to see these reports if you did not actually take any approval action on them. Now, if you have access to Cognos reporting, you could build a report to show you these reports. They won't be in the format of an expense report, but will be in a report (likely columns and rows of data). You can see all the report details, such as; employee name, report name, each expense entry, the amount, etc. 

If you log into SAP Concur, look at the top of the home screen for an option that says Reporting. If you see Reporting, mouse over and let me know what you see. It is very likely that if you do have access to Cognos reporting it will be in a read only capacity. This means you can run reports that others have created. It also will limit the data to those who you are listed as a default approver or BI Manager. 

Anyway, I know this is a lot. Let's first see if you have the Reporting option. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MichaelS

Thanks a lot  @KevinD for you dedication and great help.
I would need to request Cognos accesses, and setup a bunch of other views.
Therefore I now prefer just to ask the colleagues that report to me to provide their data.
THANKS AGAIN!