cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjrielly
Occasional Member - Level 2

Using a single credit card with multiple users

Hello all,

We have a single corporate credit card that folks in the field are using for various expenses. Currently, the credit card is tied to one account. And at the end of the month that one person is hounding everyone for their expenses. Is there a way for each user to create their own expense reports and attach the credit card receipts showing up in the one account? Is this a setting that we cannot find? An addon app? We are using the Standard Edition.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @mjrielly 

To my knowledge, it is not possible for one credit card spend to be assigned to multiple accounts. Only workaround is that I can see would be that you set these users as delegates. However this is not a clean option.

I have seen this with ghost cards. However, in this case we get employee ID for individuals for whom the flight is being booked.

Best regards,

Rohan

mjrielly

@rohanpatil wrote:

Hi @mjrielly 

To my knowledge, it is not possible for one credit card spend to be assigned to multiple accounts. Only workaround is that I can see would be that you set these users as delegates. However this is not a clean option.

I have seen this with ghost cards. However, in this case we get employee ID for individuals for whom the flight is being booked.

Best regards,

Rohan

Thanks for the quick reply!

So how would it work as delegates? Would they be able to see the CC receipts for the one account and add those receipts to their own expense report?

Hi @mjrielly 

All card transactions would  flow into the account of the delegator account. The actual employees will be delegates who will create expense reports (possibly using their name in the expense report name) in the delegator account. The actual user accounts (delegatee accounts) will not reflect the reports. Email notifications and following up on unreported transactions would be messy. Hence not a clean option.

Best regards,
Rohan

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjrielly what @rohanpatil explained is a workaround, but if I'm speaking honestly, good luck getting all the others to go in and do the expense report in the Delegator's account. Plus, you would end up having multiple reports, when one expense report will suffice for all the card transactions that are charged to that card.

If it is a receipt issue, if all people involved verify their email on their profile, then what the field people can do is email their receipts to receipts@concur.com and put the Delegator's email address in the subject line. This will place the receipt images in the Delegator's account instead of their own. Then the Delegator can reconcile all the expenses from the field people.

The last option is, assign each of the people using the card their own card. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mjrielly

Thanks all!

Unfortunately, additional credit cards are not an option -- although ideal.

And they do not want to set up the other person as a delegator, which means we will have to share usernames and passwords. 

It seems to me I should be able to somehow place certain expenses into a bucket where other users can create their own expense reports using using various charges from the one specific AMEX.