cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnoble99
Occasional Member - Level 3

Update bank info in Concur and deactivate old account

Hi, I have an employee who needed to change her banking information so the reimbursements routed to her new bank. She went into her concur profile and updated the banking information. However, under her account history, it shows both her new and hold bank accounts are active and eligible to receive payments. She doesn't want her old bank account to be active and cannot deactivate it.  By placing in the new account, does this automatically overwrite the existing account even though it still appears as active?

1 Solution
Solution
jnoble99

@MelanieT Thanks. Actually, the employee cannot select NO as she entered her new banking information which overwrote the old information.  Under the account history it listed both old and new accounts as active and she was worried the old account would still have funds. In the administrator tool I can't deactivate as the old account that was valid no longer shows and it only reflects the new account.  I already learned the active under account history actually reflects the field you referenced but does not mean that is where the payment will go. It will only be deposited into the account listed in the bank section.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jnoble99 Hello!  Thank you for reaching out to the SAP Concur Community!  Here are steps to deactivate banking accounts:

Follow the steps below to inactivate bank account information as a user or administrator:

Administrators with Payment Manager Permissions may inactivate the employee's bank account by following these steps: 
  1. Select Home or Administration > Tools 
  2. Select Monitor Payees
  3. Select Employee Banking > Select each failed bank account with Active = Yes 
  4. Select the Inactivate button
Employees can Inactivate their bank account by following these steps: 
  1. Select Profile > Profile Settings 
  2. Select Bank Information > Locate the Active field > Click the drop menu > Select No 
  3. Select Save  
MelanieT_0-1703107643916.png

• Bank account information cannot be fully deleted once entered
  • Bank accounts may be inactivated, however, the history of the account will remain in Concur 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
jnoble99

@MelanieT Thanks. Actually, the employee cannot select NO as she entered her new banking information which overwrote the old information.  Under the account history it listed both old and new accounts as active and she was worried the old account would still have funds. In the administrator tool I can't deactivate as the old account that was valid no longer shows and it only reflects the new account.  I already learned the active under account history actually reflects the field you referenced but does not mean that is where the payment will go. It will only be deposited into the account listed in the bank section.