cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atutor
Occasional Member - Level 1

Unlimited Approver Limit Ignored?

I have someone who submitted an expense report and it went to their manager.  This manager has unlimited approval rights meaning that the "Can Limit Approve Reports" is not checked and there is no approval limits filled out.  The manager approved it and then it went to his manager to approve it.  How could it have done this since the first manager has unlimited approval rights?  

atutor_0-1654009049579.png

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atutor great question. I looked at your site and the workflow being used is the Authorized Approver workflow, meaning reports must be approved by an approver who has the Can Limit Approve Reports checkbox selected on their profile. Without knowing the employee and the two managers involved, my guess is the second manager does have the Can Limit Approve Reports checkbox selected on their profile. 

Because the first manager is not designated as a Limit Approver, the system knows the report must be approved by an approver who is a limit approver. That's why the report went to a second manager. Without the Can Limit Approve Reports checkbox selected for the first manager and because the system is set up to require an Authorized Approver, the report went to a second manager for approval. 

Does that make sense? So, manager one really doesn't isn't really an unlimited amount approver because they are not even an Authorized Approver. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.