Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SusanT
Super User
Super User

Uber and Other Illegal Taxi Services in Hong Kong

Hello,

Wondering how everyone is handling illegal taxi service in Hong Kong. I didn't realize Uber is illegal and so we want to ensure our users are not submitting for non-permitted taxi service while in Hong Kong. We can add a message to our Travel policy, but I do want to add some sort of reminder in Expense - this will most likely be an audit rule of some sort, triggered by expense type + currency, or perhaps location,  just reminding them to use legally permitted taxis.  Not really sure what else I can do beyond that. Open to ideas!

Thanks!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SusanT I would say your ideas are really all you can do. Once a traveler is in Hong Kong, you can't really monitor their behavior and whether they are using legal local transportation methods. If you wanted to really drive this policy, your policy could state that Uber expenses incurred in Hong Kong are at the user's own expense and will not be reimbursed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SusanT I would say your ideas are really all you can do. Once a traveler is in Hong Kong, you can't really monitor their behavior and whether they are using legal local transportation methods. If you wanted to really drive this policy, your policy could state that Uber expenses incurred in Hong Kong are at the user's own expense and will not be reimbursed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.