cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RepublicsFury
Occasional Member - Level 1

Turn off auto save receipt

Turn off auto save for receipts

Let's face it Concur pretty much sucks. It's clunky and difficult to use. Now they add the feature auto save receipts. As far as I can tell there is no way to turn  this off.

The receipts get stored for later use, but that is unnecessary. Uploading a receipt to an expense should attach that receipt to that expense and remove it from the stored receipts bin. 

Has anyone figured out a way to prevent Concur from auto saving receipts? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RepublicsFury A little update on this. I just did a test in your account to show one of our Support Engineers. What happened is it took a couple minutes for the image to process and actually get attached to the entry. When this happens, the image will show in Available Receipts until the image has fully processed. You will know if the image isn't processed because the image thumbnail won't be visible on the entry. In that case, just refresh or give it another minute or so. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RepublicsFury hello there. I'd like to address two things:

1. Your first statement. We respect your opinions, so would you mind sharing, other than the receipt issue you mentioned, what else you find difficult? I'm asking because I know people on our Expense Product team and these are things they need to know.

2. The receipt issue. This shouldn't be happening. Can you recreate the issue or provide some clarification? Maybe share a screenshot of where you are seeing the image saved after it was attached. Is it still showing in your Available Receipts or are you seeing it in some other location?

I'm asking because I just did a test on the receipt saving and you can see from the series of screenshots I had an available receipt (screenshot 1), then created an expense entry and used the Attach option (screenshot 2). You can see the image of the receipt from screenshot 1. I then saved my entry. I navigated back to my Manage Expenses screen and scrolled down to the Available Receipts section and the image I used is now gone (screenshot 3). 

KevinD_0-1713390256704.png

KevinD_1-1713390268941.png

KevinD_2-1713390282950.png

I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RepublicsFury

I start a new expense

RepublicsFury_0-1713391267684.png

The data is in. I go to add a receipt

RepublicsFury_4-1713391489084.png

"You have no receipts available." 

Click on "Upload New Receipt"

Get to the file where you're saving your scans of the receipts

RepublicsFury_5-1713391707122.png

Then select the receipt for Snack Time. It is uploaded.

RepublicsFury_6-1713392220292.png

Click Save and Add Another

RepublicsFury_7-1713392280442.png

Repeat the process of selecting the type etc.

Press the upload receipt button and the previous receipt is in the Available Receipt area

RepublicsFury_8-1713392496433.png

As you can see, the previous receipt is still there. In the past, once the receipt is attached to the expense. It is removed from this area and no longer available. Now, since the change (which occurred sometime between March 2 and now) the receipts stay in the available section.

RepublicsFury

@KevinD 

1. Your first statement. We respect your opinions, so would you mind sharing, other than the receipt issue you mentioned, what else you find difficult? I'm asking because I know people on our Expense Product team and these are things they need to know.

Reply:

The program is clunky. Once you begin typing, your fingers should never have to leave the keyboard. 

Expense type: There are only certain expense types. I should be able to either scroll through them by pressing down on the arrow keys, typing the first letter of the type of receipt, or both. 

City: 

1. All the cities are not available. In this day and age all the cities in the US should be in your database. For them not to be is inexcusable. What it forces me to do is pick a city and in the comments type: Actual City is XXX. Please correct and update system for future use. 

Nothing ever gets updates and the same city that isn't there still isn't there.

Tabbing through the

Transaction date (works with arrows)

Business Purpose (works with tab)

Vendor Name (just type it in)

City... Does not work. I can tab there but once you use the arrows to move through the cities you 1. can't reverse tab back up and you always have to use the mouse. Then when the city isn't there you have to figure out what city to use (one that's close to the city) select that city and then make the comment about it not being the city.

Payment Type (works with Tab and arrows)

Currency: This should be set by the user's account and not a needed field.

At this point you would need to use the mouse to upload the receipt and that's understandable.

Save and Add Another receipt...

Go to the next one. The date field does not clear, and you have to remember to adjust the date or you end up using the wrong date. It gets kicked back by accounting. You have to go in and fix it. I'm sure it could be done on their end but they want you to do it.... <rolls eyes>

Now let's talk about itemizations.

Itemizations DO NOT work well.  Hotel receipts very difficult to use. Adding people, clunky and cumbersome. 

Overall it's not a great program. I'd give it a 3.5 MAYBE a 4 star out of 5.

@RepublicsFury I appreciate your response. I'll address a few items. See my responses in red. 

Reply:

The program is clunky. Once you begin typing, your fingers should never have to leave the keyboard. 

Expense type: There are only certain expense types. Expense types are determined by your company. If you feel there should be more, you need to let your site admin know.

I should be able to either scroll through them by pressing down on the arrow keys, typing the first letter of the type of receipt, or both. When you add a new expense, there is a field above the list of expense types. You can start typing the name of the expense to filter the list. See screenshot. Also, if you click in this field, then press tab, it will highlight "Recently Used". From here you can use the down arrow.

City: 

1. All the cities are not available. In this day and age all the cities in the US should be in your database. For them not to be is inexcusable. What it forces me to do is pick a city and in the comments type: Actual City is XXX. Please correct and update system for future use. 

Nothing ever gets updates and the same city that isn't there still isn't there. See my comment below. 

Tabbing through the

Transaction date (works with arrows) I'm not sure what you mean for this, business purpose and vendor name. Could you clarify, please?

Business Purpose (works with tab)

Vendor Name (just type it in)

City... Does not work. I can tab there but once you use the arrows to move through the cities you 1. can't reverse tab back up and you always have to use the mouse. Then when the city isn't there you have to figure out what city to use (one that's close to the city) select that city and then make the comment about it not being the city. Fair point. There are some small towns that are not included. Unless your approvers are super picky, I tell people to just pick the next largest city nearby. Also, your admins can add new locations/cities into the system. They just need to be told about these commonly visited cities that are not in the system. I will agree that there should be a bit more comprehensive list. 

Payment Type (works with Tab and arrows) I can't tell if you are saying this field should work with Tab and arrows or just stating that it currently does work this way. Your Payment Type field gets pre populated and from your current report it looks like all your expenses are Out of Pocket, so you. are only using one Payment Type. Would you rather have this field be blank to start with? As of now, you only have one payment type that applies to you and it is getting filled in automatically. 

Currency: This should be set by the user's account and not a needed field. The currency actually is set by your account and for each entry you create, the system defaults to your assigned currency. Without a currency field, what would happen if  you travel to Canada or Mexico? How would you be able to account for expenses incurred in a different currency?

At this point you would need to use the mouse to upload the receipt and that's understandable.

Save and Add Another receipt...

Go to the next one. The date field does not clear, and you have to remember to adjust the date or you end up using the wrong date. It gets kicked back by accounting. You have to go in and fix it. I'm sure it could be done on their end but they want you to do it.... <rolls eyes> Fair point. I can tell you why it does this. Many people when they travel have several expenses incurred on the same day, so the system tries to "help" them by using the date they used on the previous entry. 

Now let's talk about itemizations.

Itemizations DO NOT work well.  Hotel receipts very difficult to use. Adding people, clunky and cumbersome. Could you explain a bit more why Itemizations do not work well, please? We actually made changes to this feature based on customer feedback to make it easier, so I'd like to hear your experience. As for adding attendees, this is a requirement of your company. I have used this feature and didn't find it cumbersome. How do you think it should work? For people not in your company, how would their information get into the system if not entered by employees? 

Overall it's not a great program. I'd give it a 3.5 MAYBE a 4 star out of 5.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@RepublicsFury I did a test in your account and I see what you are saying. I posted this internally to see if this is expected behavior and if so, why. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RepublicsFury A little update on this. I just did a test in your account to show one of our Support Engineers. What happened is it took a couple minutes for the image to process and actually get attached to the entry. When this happens, the image will show in Available Receipts until the image has fully processed. You will know if the image isn't processed because the image thumbnail won't be visible on the entry. In that case, just refresh or give it another minute or so. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey