cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandtp09
Occasional Member - Level 3

Mileage Expense with Zero Distance, but with non-Zero Amount went through

We have a very interesting case for a Mileage Expense where the expense report containing this entry went all the way to posting despite the Distance Field having no value. You would think that with a null Distance Field, the amount would also be zero, but in this case, the amounts were non-Zero. Just wanted to check if anybody has experienced such a scenario. We were wondering how this can be replicated so we know what not to do.

brandtp09_0-1713363483390.png

1 Solution
Solution
NTS
Super User
Super User

I've reported the same issue a while ago, that was the answer:

Upon checking our internal logs, I verified that the mentioned expenses were created on Nov/23 through the Concur mobile app.
Please note that we had a development issue around the date that these reports were created where the distance would be blank but the amount would be correctly calculated for personal car mileage expenses created through the mobile app.
The issue has been fixed as of 12/11/2023 and reports created after this date no longer present this issue.

Check if the expense was done via Mobile APP and check other mileage reported on November.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brandtp09 the distance field isn't showing as required, so that's probably why it went through. The other curious thing is how did the Amount get populated? Do you happen to know?

I think the more alarming issue is that the From and To fields have the same address, yet it calculated over $300 for the amount. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tknight84
Occasional Member - Level 3

I have seen the From and To fields have the same address numerous times at my company. This is usually a case of someone entering round-trip mileage, so the starting and ending addresses would be the same. If the mileage calculator was used, the user can check all the addresses entered and there is probably one or more addresses entered in between the starting and ending addresses.

Solution
NTS
Super User
Super User

I've reported the same issue a while ago, that was the answer:

Upon checking our internal logs, I verified that the mentioned expenses were created on Nov/23 through the Concur mobile app.
Please note that we had a development issue around the date that these reports were created where the distance would be blank but the amount would be correctly calculated for personal car mileage expenses created through the mobile app.
The issue has been fixed as of 12/11/2023 and reports created after this date no longer present this issue.

Check if the expense was done via Mobile APP and check other mileage reported on November.

Regards