cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Thailand Withholding Tax

We currently are deploying Concur Expense for our Thailand users and we have the VAT Rates available for selection and the system is calcuating correctly but we also received a request about allowing the Withholding Tax to be selected so wanted to see if anyone else has configured this?

Tom

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
4 REPLIES 4
AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @tstagliano 

I am curious to know whether you were able to make such calculations.

Best,

AEM

tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

@AEM  

Below is how we were able to solve for this by providing a field to allow the users to select from a drop down list the availabel Withoholding rates so the form would then perform the calcualtion based on that selection.

*Expense type [Thailand- Car Rental Only] has been added to the to APAC VAT Expense policy.
*Two custom fields added to the form:
Custom 27 [Withholding Rate] with two values 5% and 3% Field editable by Approver & Processor
Custom 29 [Withholding Amount] free formed text Field editable by All 

Amount Calcualtion added to the expense types within the policy of result = C29 = PA * C27
*Audit Rule [Thailand Car Rental] If Emp Group not = Thailand and Expense type in Thailand- Car Rental Only
*Exception [THAILAND] Level 99 Message: This Expense Type is not available for your user Group. Please change the Expense to 'Car Rental'.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
AEM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hello @tstagliano 

Thank you for the reply Thomas!

I went ahead and created the steps that you have mentioned below, where a dropdown list with values 1%, 3%, and 5% was created in Custom 24 [Withholding Tax].

And an amount calculation to the expense type dinner result = C24 = PA * C25 where C25 is the Withholding Amount

It appears that the calculation cannot be performed when the data type is a list. When setting the data type of C25 to numeric, the PA is being readjusted. 

Do you think it would be possible to have a chat and discuss this over a video call?

Thank you,

Andrew El Marj

tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

@AEM   Sure thing about having a vidoe call.  I will be unavailable the rest of this week but can be available next week.  I am located in the United States on the East Coast.  my email address is thomas.stagliano@kornferry.com

Thank you

Tom

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.