cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsWhite
Occasional Member - Level 1

Submitting an expense for a trip not yet taken

Hello!

I have an expense I purchased for a flight that will not occur until January 21, 2024.  I am getting notifications about a pending card transaction.  Do I need to submit the expense report now even though the trip is not for another few weeks?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MsWhite I would submit it now on a report to ensure it gets paid in a timely manner. The future dated expenses rule is for entering a transaction date of an expense that is in the future. In this case, the transaction date was December 8th.

Now, unless your company has some rule about not submitting airfare until the trip has been taken, you should be good to go ahead and submit it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@MsWhite Thanks for reaching out here!  Most times, companies do not let user's expense future dated expenses, however, I would check with your manager and/or SAP Concur Admin to see how they would like you to handle this. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MsWhite
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  I am mainly asking about securing travel for flights.  Here is my example - I booked a flight on December 8th for travel on January 21st, and of course the charge has posted to the expense account.  However, my physician doesn't travel until the 21st, so I am wondering if I need to submit the expense for the flight and then submit another expense report when he returns, or can I wait until he returns to submit everything?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MsWhite I would submit it now on a report to ensure it gets paid in a timely manner. The future dated expenses rule is for entering a transaction date of an expense that is in the future. In this case, the transaction date was December 8th.

Now, unless your company has some rule about not submitting airfare until the trip has been taken, you should be good to go ahead and submit it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager