cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FMD
Occasional Member - Level 1

Statically Processing Expense Reports

As part of the Government Compliance Dept, one of my new roles is travel and expense management.  The previous reports processor retired and would complete a 100% review of every expense report to include itineraries, line by line on every receipt, and business purposes.  While I do not disagree with being thorough, the company would like to go to a more statistical approach reviewing 30-50% of the reports to allow me time to perform some other compliance related functions.    

Is it possible to set parameters to flag certain items, expense types, or dollar amounts for review?

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@FMD Hello!  Thank you for reaching out to the SAP Concur Community.  There are a couple of ways that you can do this.  I assume you are referring to the Processor step in your workflow, hopefully I'm assuming correctly 🙂  

1. You could create audit rules to flag for certain types of expense types/limits/departments and then use that exception code in the workflow to skip or not skip the Processor step. This option gives you a little more control if you want to change the conditions of the audit rules.  We would need to initially do the set up, but then you can control the audit rules. 

2. You can add a condition right in the workflow for expense types/limit/departments, etc. If you wanted to change these conditions, you would need to create a support case to have it set up and if you wanted any changes to it. 

Let me know if you have more questions!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@FMD Hello!  Thank you for reaching out to the SAP Concur Community.  There are a couple of ways that you can do this.  I assume you are referring to the Processor step in your workflow, hopefully I'm assuming correctly 🙂  

1. You could create audit rules to flag for certain types of expense types/limits/departments and then use that exception code in the workflow to skip or not skip the Processor step. This option gives you a little more control if you want to change the conditions of the audit rules.  We would need to initially do the set up, but then you can control the audit rules. 

2. You can add a condition right in the workflow for expense types/limit/departments, etc. If you wanted to change these conditions, you would need to create a support case to have it set up and if you wanted any changes to it. 

Let me know if you have more questions!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.