cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justincarpenter
New Member - Level 1

Split personal/business in a meal expense

I need to know how to expense part of a meal expense as personal. I tipped $8.08 which was $3.39 above 20%. I am being asked to mark the $3.39 as personal. How do I do that?

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@justincarpenter Hello!  You would need to itemize your transaction.  One line would be for the amount you can expense, the other would also be Meals, but you would mark the $3.39 as Personal.  Here are steps on how to itemize:

To itemize an expense, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the specific expense you would like to itemize
  2. Click the Itemizations tab
  3. On the Itemizations tab, click Create Itemization (The expense Amount, the Itemized amount, and the Remaining amount are listed on the Itemizations tab)
  4. Select the Expense Type that applies to the first itemization
  5. Complete the appropriate fields
    • If this is a personal expense, select the Personal Expense (do not reimburse) check box. Designating an expense as personal means that your company will not reimburse you for the expenditure.
  6. After you complete the information for each itemization, click Save Itemization
  7. Continue itemizing the expense until the Remaining Amount is $0.00
Once you have completed itemizing this expense, a green checkmark appears next to the Remaining amount of $0.00, indicating that you have completed itemizing this expense.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@justincarpenter Hello!  You would need to itemize your transaction.  One line would be for the amount you can expense, the other would also be Meals, but you would mark the $3.39 as Personal.  Here are steps on how to itemize:

To itemize an expense, please follow the steps below:

1. Click on the specific expense you would like to itemize
  2. Click the Itemizations tab
  3. On the Itemizations tab, click Create Itemization (The expense Amount, the Itemized amount, and the Remaining amount are listed on the Itemizations tab)
  4. Select the Expense Type that applies to the first itemization
  5. Complete the appropriate fields
    • If this is a personal expense, select the Personal Expense (do not reimburse) check box. Designating an expense as personal means that your company will not reimburse you for the expenditure.
  6. After you complete the information for each itemization, click Save Itemization
  7. Continue itemizing the expense until the Remaining Amount is $0.00
Once you have completed itemizing this expense, a green checkmark appears next to the Remaining amount of $0.00, indicating that you have completed itemizing this expense.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.