cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratagick
Occasional Member - Level 2

Sorry, Something Went Wrong (Error 500)

This has been an ongoing issue for months and affects both expense and travel. 

Try to create an expense - get the error. Try to create travel - get the error. 

I've used three different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge), two different devices (Mac and PC), Cleared my cache and cookies (Cleared everything), reset my passwords, and even deleted my account and started over, only to have the issue reappear. 

1 Solution
Solution
ratagick

So, I finally got resolution.
My browser shortcut was originally set to https://app2.outtask.com.
If you follow this URL, you will successfully log in, but you will not be able to do anything except access and interact with your profile. Travel and Expense functions will error out with the .
Concur deprecated this URL in favor of www.concursolutions.com some time ago. 
Once I deleted the shortcut, and cleared my cache again to make sure it didnt translate again, everything works fine.
I cant say I understand why Concur keeps a defunct URL registered and returns a generic 500 error with no explanation.  I suppose you could file this under the "Did you check to see that it's plugged in"

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratagick Sorry to hear you are having this experience. 

A couple of questions for you:

1. Is this affecting other users as well?

2. Have you submitted a ticket to Concur Support yet? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ratagick

1. Is this affecting other users as well?
Hard to tell - I'm an end user in a corporate environment. I dont have the visibility.

2. Have you submitted a ticket to Concur Support yet?
My corporate admin has submitted tickets on my issue several times in the past. I do not have that direct view to them, but he tells me they have suggested many of the "fixes" listed above - all without success.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratagick We usually ask about the issue affecting others so we can try and narrow it down to see if it is an isolated incident or not.

I just proxied in as you and was able to create a new report. I did notice you have an expense report for your May expenses created in the system with today's date. There are two line items on the report. Did you create this report or did someone do it on your behalf? 

Can you login and click Expense at the top of the Concur homepage, please? Once you do that, you should see the May 2021 expense report. Click on it and see if it will open up for you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ratagick

Interesting that you're able to do that. Indicates that there is SOMETHING environmental at issue. So, no, from my PC, I am not able to do as you ask.

The May 2021 report you see, I'm actively trying to complete via my SmartPhone Concur App - the only place I'm able. Since I'm several months behind on my expenses, its better than nothing. Its a bit of a slug though, since most of my expense receipts are on my PC and I have no simple method to move them over to my phone.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratagick you should be able to email copies of your receipts to: receipts@concur.com. That is if you had previously verified your work email address on your Concur profile. What this will do is put those receipt images into your Available Receipts that you can access from the SAP Concur mobile app. Once you email in the receipts and are in the mobile app, click on Expenses from the mobile app home screen. You should be able to see the receipt images you emailed. Then when you need to attach one of those images to an expense line item, you open your expense report on the mobile app, press one of the line items. When the details appear, look for the Attach Receipt option. Press this. It will bring up some options, one of which will be Receipt Store. Select this. It will bring up a list of the receipt images you emailed to: receipts@concur.com. Press the appropriate receipt to select it and attach to that line item. That should do it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ratagick

Yes - thank you - I'm aware.
Does that mean I should just abandon the desktop web version?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratagick "abandon" is such a strong word. LOL. I can't really advise you to do that. It is up to you. The mobile app has all Expense report functionality, so looks like that is your option for now. 

Let me post internally to see if anyone else has come across this issue. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ratagick

My corporate admin was told by Concur Support to give up back in December. (His words not mine) Seems like a strange thing for an organization like SAP to say.
My company is also in the software business, and I cant imagine us lasting very long if our support desk told our customers to "just use the mobile app".

I certainly have no desire to use the mobile app exclusively - it has its bright spots, but otherwise is very klunky. Its even worse trying to book travel.
I personally have been using the Concur web app for several years, and until the last few months have had no issues.

In any case - I looked on this site earlier today and found several other examples of people having the same error. A simple search of "Error 500" will get you the same.

ratagick

KevinD - For what its worth, my company admin has created another ticket with support on my behalf, and is requesting a Zoom call so that the support team can physically see the issue.
If there's an environmental issue, I have no idea what it could be. The only thing I haven't changed (cant change) is my ISP.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratagick I hope they get it figured out. Can you keep me posted on anything you find out in regards to the issue, please? That way I can share the resolution to others who may come across the same issue. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
ratagick

So, I finally got resolution.
My browser shortcut was originally set to https://app2.outtask.com.
If you follow this URL, you will successfully log in, but you will not be able to do anything except access and interact with your profile. Travel and Expense functions will error out with the .
Concur deprecated this URL in favor of www.concursolutions.com some time ago. 
Once I deleted the shortcut, and cleared my cache again to make sure it didnt translate again, everything works fine.
I cant say I understand why Concur keeps a defunct URL registered and returns a generic 500 error with no explanation.  I suppose you could file this under the "Did you check to see that it's plugged in"

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratagick this is great news. I'm glad you were able to get a resolution. I liked your "Did you check to see that it's plugged in" statement. 

Thanks for updating me and posting it. This could help someone else in the future. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ratagick

It seems obvious on hindsight. Check to be sure you're using the right URL. Duh.
It never occurred to me since the old address resolves, allows me to log in and even do some account level modifications like updating my profile.

silentbob
Occasional Member - Level 1

Great fix!   I had the wrong bookmark as well.

They really should tell you this. 

Would have saved me 2 days of aggravation.    =(  

JPrice
New Member - Level 2

I signed up to the Concur Community site just to thank you @ratagick !!! I was affected by the same problem for more than a week now! The Concur support desk did not suggest this solution, and of course, it seems to obvious now.

Thank you so much for sharing this and resolving this frustrating experience!

shiv
New Member - Level 2

Kevin,

How do I contact Concur Support? I am having issues with error 500 which is not letting me book any travel without first filing out my profile

Shiv

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shiv just so I am clear, you haven't filled out/completed your profile or your profile is complete and you are getting the error. 

Without filling out your profile, there isn't anything SAP Concur Support can do to get a booking done for you. The profile must be complete.

Are you having an issue completing your profile? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
shiv
New Member - Level 2

Kevin,

I solved the issue. I followed the instructions provided by @ratagick .

Shiv