cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agupta11
Occasional Member - Level 1

Selecting an approver - Force the submitter to select a value

Currently our company uses a design where the employees are expected to select an approver from a list of authorized approvers. Concur design doesnt forces user to select an approver causing undue delay.

Concur should allow us to configure that when a mandatory step is added to workflow which is selectable, selection should be forced on submission.

4 REPLIES 4
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@agupta11  Hi!  Thanks for reaching out here.  I was able to look in your account and I see that you have a lot of policies and workflows.  Is there a particular workflow that this is happening with, or is it all workflows?   

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
agupta11

Hi Melanie

Thanks for looking into it. Issue is both on Request and expense end.

For expense you may see - EMEA Macquarie Expense Report Workflow.

We have 2 mandatory approval steps (assuming the steps skip condition not met)

Financial approver and OOP approver. OOP approver is based on exception level. During submission, we want both financial approver (based on limit) and OOP approver (based on exception level) is forced to be selected on submission. However system only forces step 1 - financial approver. If a user adds an adhoc approver before financial approver, the financial approver is not forced as well. Similar issue exist in Request. Request has a travel agency integration (PNR acquisition for offline request) step before financial approver due to which system doesn't force financial approver. While Concur standard queuing design update the request and approve it, it gets stuck as financial approver is not selected in request. 

Do let me know if any additional details are required.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@agupta11 two questions:

1. Who is adding a mandatory workflow step, the user that has created the report and is wants to submit?

2. What currently happens if the user doesn't select an approver and they try to submit?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
agupta11

1. Who is adding a mandatory workflow step, the user that has created the report and is wants to submit? Workflow has been designed to add mandatory step.

2. What currently happens if the user doesn't select an approver and they try to submit? Request will be stuck. Please see response to Mel which may provide additional details.