cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yichengji
Occasional Member - Level 1

SAP Concur upload pdf receipt system will change to image format

Hi when i using Concur expernses upload pdf receipte/invoices and submit, the system will change my pdf format recepte/invoice to picture format, anyone can solve this?

Path:

SAP Concur - create new report - manage expenses - upload pdf format receipt/invoces - submit

when submit succesfully, and i go to the report click "manage invocies" - open in new window, the pdf invoice will change to picture format.

7 REPLIES 7
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @yichengji ,

I tried the same in our sandbox but for me it is working properly. I uploaded .pdf receipt, submitted expense report and opened receipt in new window from manage receipts sections.

When opening receipt in new window it doesn't shows any file name, instead it is showing some system generated long unique id. But when I downloaded that receipt using download option then receipt format is still. pdf.

Can you please try to download receipt and check in which format it is getting downloaded. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
yichengji

Path: Manage Receipts - View Receipts in new Window

yichengji_0-1729233992273.png

it shows below

yichengji_1-1729234078727.png

normal China Invoice PDF looks

yichengji_2-1729234147897.png

System convert PDF invoice to image file.

Company: Syngenta

Environment: Test environment

Report key: 

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @yichengji ,

This is how receipt/invoice will look like when multiple receipts or multiple pages invoice is uploaded in Concur. Basically, system keep on appending every next receipt to the previously uploaded receipt.

Irrespective of receipt format whether its .jpg, .jpeg, or .pdf, all receipts will be displayed in same way when you try to open in new browser window.  Also, system will consolidate all expense entry line item receipts, append it together as one document and it will be displayed as 1 single pdf document when you open it in new window from manage receipts section. Therefore, by default invoices will get downloaded in PDF format only. 

This is systems default behavior and there is no issue in Concur. 

If this answers your query, then please mark solution as accepted. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
yichengji

Sorry i did not describe things clear. Let me descrive the things again.

When i upload serveral PDF format receipts, at this time these original pdf receipts contents can be copy.

And when i finish uploading and submit, several pdf recipts merge to one pdf, but when i open this merged pdf, the content of this pdf can not be copied, which means, system convert my pdf format to picture, and then merge to one pdf.

But this is not always happen, system sometimes happen, sometimes not.

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @yichengji ,

I got your point, and I tried the same in our sandbox. I was able to copy paste text from PDF before and after submitting invoice/receipt.

Possible that receipt text which you are trying to copy is a scanned receipt and not the original pdf copy. If it is a scanned document, then in that case system will not be able to copy text.  This is the only reason I could think of. 

You can try uploading 2 original pdf documents/receipts/invoices and then check whether you are able to copy text from PDF after submitting an expense report.

Note - Please ensure those receipts are not scanned receipts and saved as pdf format. 

Also, I am just wondering why anybody would copy data from attached receipt. what is the use of that? Receipts are only for the reviewing purposes and to validate whether user is claiming correct expense amount as per original receipt.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
yichengji

Hi

The orginal pdf document is not a scanned document. as i  said, not everytime pdf format will convert to picture format when i done with uploading. so i would like to know why system will convert orgianl pdf file to picture when uploading.

regarding your question, China goverment requeire all the invoices should be orginal files to be stored in the  system. The origianl invoices is pdf format with content can be copied. So that's why we do not want to see the pdf inovice convert to picture when uploaded.

I would like to know the deep reason make the convert change?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @yichengji ,

Thanks for clarifying my question. I have never come across this issue before, hence, I may not be the right person to answer on this.

Initially I thought because of scanned documents it might have happened, but you clarified my doubt.  

I would suggest raising support ticket with Concur. They will investigate it further and provide you the reason. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja