cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenrajkr
Occasional Member - Level 2

Restrict users to submit only one expense report per week

We have a requirement from the business to retrict the employees to submit only one expense report per week.Is it possible to achieve this using an audit rule or a validation rule. TIA.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@praveenrajkr the closest thing would be using a Report Start and End Date field on the Report Header then create an audit rule using the Dates overlap another report. If the employee picks a date in the start or end date field of their second report that overlaps the first report for that week, then it will work. However, once employees figure out the workaround (which I won't describe here), then the rule won't prevent it. 

So, the short answer is No, there isn't a 100% foolproof way to prevent what you are asking.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jyotesh519
Super User
Super User

@praveenrajkr I dont think, i have seen any parameter to achieve this requirement. But lets see if anyone has any other views on this.

rwingerd
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, this cannot be enforced through a validation or audit rule.  We have the same requirement and with discussions with Concur during implementation and at fusion, this is not possible.  We monitor the number of submissions through various reports plus our processors are good at identify potential non compliance if they start seeing multiple reports from the same traveler.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@praveenrajkr , Hello!  Both @rwingerd  and @jyotesh519  are correct, this isn't something that can been enforced.  Cognos reporting would be your best way to track this.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@praveenrajkr the closest thing would be using a Report Start and End Date field on the Report Header then create an audit rule using the Dates overlap another report. If the employee picks a date in the start or end date field of their second report that overlaps the first report for that week, then it will work. However, once employees figure out the workaround (which I won't describe here), then the rule won't prevent it. 

So, the short answer is No, there isn't a 100% foolproof way to prevent what you are asking.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
praveenrajkr
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you Kevin. We do have Cognos reports where we monitor the number of reports submitted by each employee for each month. Another option which we are exploring Is it possible to limit to one expense report per day per employee.