cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rschryver
New Member - Level 2

Request for Multiple Travelers?

We use Request for trips/travel, as a pre-authorization to book the trip.  It gives the department head an estimate of what a given trip will cost.

Is there a way to use one Request to cover multiple travelers, where each traveler can attach their respective Expense to the same Request when they return from the trip?

Thank you for anyone's input.

1 Solution
Solution
SylvainMuller
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi,

I am responsible for the "Concur Request" product strategy, thank you for having taken the time to post this message.

To leverage the value of the Concur end-to-end portfolio, it is best when every traveler has her/his own authorization request, travel booking, expense report. Along these lines, an authorization request is owned by a single user and works best when only this user's travel and expenses are registered.

My guess is that you are asking this question to figure out the best way to support a situation where several employees take the same trip. You don't want to create the same authorization request again and again for each of these travelers. For that, I strongly recommend you to go through the "Event Request" setup guide: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Req/Req_SG_Event_Requests.pdf

Hope it helps; feel free to ask more questions.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
SylvainMuller
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi,

I am responsible for the "Concur Request" product strategy, thank you for having taken the time to post this message.

To leverage the value of the Concur end-to-end portfolio, it is best when every traveler has her/his own authorization request, travel booking, expense report. Along these lines, an authorization request is owned by a single user and works best when only this user's travel and expenses are registered.

My guess is that you are asking this question to figure out the best way to support a situation where several employees take the same trip. You don't want to create the same authorization request again and again for each of these travelers. For that, I strongly recommend you to go through the "Event Request" setup guide: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Req/Req_SG_Event_Requests.pdf

Hope it helps; feel free to ask more questions.

Regards,

wassim27
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello thanks for your reply.

Concerning this Event Request feature, we are having an issue.

our customer has choosen Request and Expense modules, in the NewUI. 

But in NewUi, the Event Request is not available.

do you alternative to deal with multiple travellers in the same trip ?

thank you

Wassim

Hi,

The "Event Request" feature is indeed not yet available on the NextGen UI for Concur Request. This is documented in the "Not yet available in the NextGen UI for Concur Request" document available here.

Supporting "Event Request" on the NextGen UI for Concur Request is part of our Product Direction.

Concur Request is designed to support a single individual and single itinerary per request, which is what we strongly recommend doing. Including data from multiple individuals under the same request will pose not only user experience challenges but also data privacy concerns.

Regards,