cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtlunn
Occasional Member - Level 1

Report or Transaction is Dated In Future

I am unable to submit a report because I get an error stating:  "The report or transaction is dated in the future.  Please remove the transaction or correct the date.  If the dates are correct, please wait 24 hours and resubmit."

I assume this has to do with a future expense that has already been charged to my credit card, however the transaction date is in the past.  I even changed the "date range" to the past and that didn't help.  I also waited 24 hours after making each change, and I still get the error.  Any advice?

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtlunn I just looked up the rule causing the error. It is triggered by submitting the report. What that means is even if you make the changes and save, the error won't be reevaluated until you submit. Try submitting the report. It should go through. If not, let me know. In fact, let me know if it does go through as well.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jtlunn

Hi, Kevin.  I am not able to submit at all.  Please see the attached error that pops up when I try to submit the report:

Concur Error.JPG

I also see this error: 

Concur Error 2.JPG

But, I don't have any idea what expense is causing this error since nothing is flagged in the report itself.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtlunn this is a real head scratcher. I looked at the report and nothing is future dated. Now, the only other thing I can see is the message about saving your Travel Expense Payment Election in Workday. Have you done that? If so, then I'm not sure what the issue is.

You might need to create a new report and move all the transactions to the new report to see if that clears it up.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aaronjmoore
New Member - Level 1

This was a super helpful response, @KevinD. I had a similar issue today and had gone round and round modifying the header dates and individual expense dates and couldn't get it to clear.  The rule in my company must also be triggered at expense report submittal.  When I resubmitted the report, it cleared.  Thank you!  🙂

@aaronjmoore glad I could help. I will consider this my good deed for the day. LOL. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jtlunn Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I was able to review your report. I would assume that the hotel itemizations is causing the exception message, as the date on those itemized entries are February 2024. I would suggest reaching out to a Concur Administrator at your company to provide guidance in accordance with your internal policies. I will send you a Private Message with a contact. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
jtlunn

@leedau The hotel itemization dates was the issue.  I went in and changed the dates to days prior to the transaction, and I was finally able to submit the report.  However, now those dates don't match up with what's on the receipt, so I'm sure it'll get flagged for that, but at least it resolved the issue of not being able to submit the report at all.