cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Report ID in exception message

Team,

i have an audit rule to track employees daily meal limit. the current messages displays the meal limit and the variance. However i want to add report ID of the transaction previously he claimed for that day.

Ex: 01/01/2021, user claimed meal expense of 100 (meal limit is 150) which is within limit in report ID 12345. Again user claimed meal expense of 75 fro teh same date in a different report ID 67890. Now, my audit rule shows as "you have exceeded the daily meal limit. Actual meal limit is 150, you have claimed 175, over limit 25"

However i need message saying "you have exceeded the meal limit of 150 per day, where you claimed meal of 100 against report ID 12345 and meal of 75 in report ID 67890. You total of actual meal per day is 175, limit 150, excess of 25."

Please provide which variables i can use to get these.

2 Solutions
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello there,

I do not think this is possible with a standard Concur setup. I looked at the Setup Guide for Expense: Workflow Email Notifications and did not see anything that related to previous reports. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karthikhemadri I was hoping it would work. That is the only solution I could think of. Most likely then, what you are asking isn't possible. The only thing you can do is have an exception that tells them they have exceeded the limit, but not tell them which other report they submitted the expense on. 

Question for you...why would an employee have two different expense reports and be submitting meals with the same dates on each? Is this a mistake by the submitter? 

I'm just trying to get an idea of how often your employees are submitting reports in a month. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hello there,

I do not think this is possible with a standard Concur setup. I looked at the Setup Guide for Expense: Workflow Email Notifications and did not see anything that related to previous reports. 

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karthikhemadri The only thing I could find in the Audit Rules exceptions that allows you to reference an expense entry line on a different report is by using %lines%. If you look at the Duplicate Transaction Audit Rule, it has an exception message with this replacement token that references what the duplicate expense entry is. Maybe give this a try in your message. It won't reference the Report ID, but references the expense they already entered. You may have to do some changes in your audit rule conditions so it includes the Duplicate Transaction Variance Less Than or Equal to 1. 

Be sure to test out your new rule with your test users first before making it active for your actual employees. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Hello @KevinD  thank you.

have tried the duplicate variance condition but no luck.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karthikhemadri I was hoping it would work. That is the only solution I could think of. Most likely then, what you are asking isn't possible. The only thing you can do is have an exception that tells them they have exceeded the limit, but not tell them which other report they submitted the expense on. 

Question for you...why would an employee have two different expense reports and be submitting meals with the same dates on each? Is this a mistake by the submitter? 

I'm just trying to get an idea of how often your employees are submitting reports in a month. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey