cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rozoz
Occasional Member - Level 1

Rejected Expense

Hello, 

I have a company card expense that was rejected (status set to not paid) as it didn't pass the audit.  I tried to convert it to a personal expense and delete the expense report instead.   How do I do to a)pay the credit card expense and 2)make sure that the expense that I deleted doesn't fall through the cracks?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rozoz can you please explain why your transaction didn't pass audit please? 

To be able to help you, I'm going to need more information. Was the card charge a business expense? Did you delete the transaction or did you just delete the expense report it was on? 

I'll await your reply. To make sure I get your response, be sure to tag me in your reply. Just use @KevinD in your response. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rozoz

@KevinD -  The expense report status was set to  Sent Back to Employee and payment status set to not pay.  The comments are that this expense is not in compliance with the expense policy, although it was a business expense.  In the past, we will have a team celebration and buy food for the team with the corporate credit card, but because of the current situation, we sent one of the employees a gift certificate to get family meals (as a mean to celebrate the person becoming a new dad).  I used this site https://www.jeanbouffe.com/en/home.

I was trying to add information to the expense and I have also seen a make it a personal expense and by mistake, I hit the delete button.  

The credit card expense is still there,  only the report was deleted and I couldn't find how to recover it.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rozoz once you delete an expense report, it cannot be recovered. 

So, if the credit card transaction is still there, it can be submitted on another report. 

What I would do if you feel the card charge was a legitimate business expense, is reach out to your manager and get some sort of written permission for the expense. 

Who sent the report back saying it was out of policy? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rozoz

Hi Kevin,

The report was changed by T&E Auditor AMER

The message in the response email was: Per Autodesk's G15 Expense Policy, gifts are NOT allowed on a Corporate Card. What was this gift for? Recipient will be taxed on this. Thank you

This is when I tried to change it and ended up deleting it.

I've asked my manager for a letter stating that this was an approved expense. 

Any other recommendation?

Zandra