cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertHicks
New Member - Level 1

Employee mistakenly used his corporate card for a personal expense - do I reject?

I have an employee who mistakenly used their PCard for a personal expense and is now trying to remove that charge from Concur.  I don't want to approve the expense as a company charge, but I'm not sure what we should do?  Do I simply reject the expense report?  How do we handle this?

2 REPLIES 2
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @RobertHicks ,

Your cards are either paid by employees OR paid by the company.

• If paid by the employee (IBIP), then the personal usage is just a matter of employee not following the guidelines. Employee should be asked to be more careful in the future. Employee should mark the expense as personal and submit the expense report for approval. Nothing will be reimbursed to the employee. Employee pays bank directly.
  • If paid by the company based on expense reports submitted by employee (IBCP), then it can also be managed in the same manner as above
  • If the full monthly invoice is paid by company (CBCP), then employee should pay the company.  Employee marks expense a personal. The evidence of the repayment should be considered when approving the expense entry. In your ERP, you then match the amount received from employee against the amount receivable (posted via expense report)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Rohan

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RobertHicks reject it if the employee didn't mark it as personal.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.