cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shysun316
Occasional Member - Level 2

Regarding SAE

The user is from Argentina assigned with VISA card (CBCP) does a transaction in USD. User reimbursement currency is ARS, Card vendor reimbursement currency is EUR and transaction done in USD. Once the SAE generated which is imported SAP FI, they saw an issue where it shows the total from all the line item which is been itemized in the total in EURO and USD instead of single item. The value is correct for ARS.

Any info related to this scenario for better understanding would be helpful

7 REPLIES 7
Lewis-H

SAE stands for the Society of Automotive Engineers. The SAE was founded in 1905 by Andrew Ricker and Henry Ford. At the outset, its sole aim was to provide an umbrella organization for the scattered automotive engineers who usually worked alone in various parts of the country.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lewis-H While what you posted is most definitely true, SAE is also used for other things, such as Supervised Agricultural Experience, State and Metro Area Employment from the bureau of labor statistics. However, for those who work in Finance and Accounting, SAE is commonly used to denote the Standard Accounting Extract. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
shysun316

Hi Kevin,

@KevinD Any info or idea about my query related to SAE would be helpful to me.

Thanks

Shyam

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shysun316 your scenario is an interesting one. I don't think I've ever come across this situation with three different currencies. 

Out of curiousity, why is an Argentinian using a credit card that has EUR as the currency? 

Do you happen to have the SAE file that you are referring to? Maybe you can take a screenshot of it and share it so I can get a picture of what is happening.

Thank you,

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
shysun316

@KevinD PFA a part SAE Extract for your referenceSAE 49242 extract.JPGerence.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shysun316 I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you referring to the Hotel Tax? 

Is there some business reason why seeing the itemizations is a problem? It doesn't affect any totals.

I guess I need more information. Are you not wanting to see the itemizations and just wanting to the totel Hotel expense amount? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
shysun316

@KevinD 

PFB the details provided from SAP FI team

User told that they are facing issue when the Concur expenses are itemized.

Current Scenario : Expenses which are been itemized, picks the entire line total instead of single item while Creation of Document Step, which results in showing Expenses report wrongly show.

Analysis :

It shows the total from all the line item which is been itemized in the total in EURO and USD instead of single item. The value is correct for ARS.

While Creation of Document the system checks the table ZTFI004, if the combination is found Amount in Document Currency is picked in case of Argentina and later converted to Local Currency(ARS Argentine Peso) based on exchange rate.

As per the call with Concur Team, it was confirmed the Billing Amount is the Correct USD amount. I have manually changed the Document Currency with Billing Amount from SAE file (which is the USD value) and the USD amount now in the Document is calculated correctly. I have posted Document 5600000020 – AR20 – 2020. (details from the SAP)

But it in this case the ARS and EUR Amount conversation does not calculate correctly.

The Details which are getting updated form SAE file in SAP History Table is the Document Currency (USD) & Local Currency (ARS).

So as proposal we tried making changes in USD Amount (because it is the Currency in which Bank is been paid)

When we Create / Posted Document in SAP, system considers Document Currency and changes Local Currency ARS & also the EUR based on the conversion rate.

In that way the Local Currency which was correct while upload gets changed when it is posted.

To include the conversion rate from the file it is not possible.

As the document is getting posted from Standard BAPI - BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST, it does not have provision to pass the exchange rate for this because as per Standard SAP it refers the configuration to determine LC2 (Eur) & LC3 (USD).

Thanks

Shyam