cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HvB00
Occasional Member - Level 1

Received credit card charge and partial refund - but absolute numbers get added in expense report

I received a credit card charge for a train ride, and a partial refund after cancellation of the trip.
Now when I added both the credit card charge and the partial credit card refund to an expense report, both items add up to almost 2x the charge, when in reality they should mostly cancel and just leave the cancellation fee as a balance.
I cannot add a sign or change the value of the expense report items, since they were taken over from my credit card transactions.
As such, both individual credit card transactions (the charge and the refund) are shown with opposite signs, as they should be, but the signs get lost when I add them to an expense report, where they figure as if both were a charge.
What can I do to correct the expense report?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HvB00 I'm looking at your expenses. On your AIRC-Research report I currently see two Train charges for EUR105.40. In your Available Expenses I see two credits: one for EUR-105.40 and another for EUR-86.40. If you add these two charges to your report, your report total will go from EUR414.85 to EUR223.05 as it should. 

Open up your AIRC-Research report. You should see the two charges on the right side of your screen, both with negative amounts. Add those to your report. 

Let me know how it works for you. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HvB00 I'm looking at your expenses. On your AIRC-Research report I currently see two Train charges for EUR105.40. In your Available Expenses I see two credits: one for EUR-105.40 and another for EUR-86.40. If you add these two charges to your report, your report total will go from EUR414.85 to EUR223.05 as it should. 

Open up your AIRC-Research report. You should see the two charges on the right side of your screen, both with negative amounts. Add those to your report. 

Let me know how it works for you. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
HvB00
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD - thank you. I confused the credit for the cancelled train tickets with the charge for another train ticket... 
Kind regards, Heinrich