cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blargarticha
New Member - Level 1

Receipts not matching to transactions

When I get an e-receipt and forward it to receipts@concur.com (or receipts@expenseit.com which is old) they no longer match.  Doesn't work with emailing PDF's of e-receipts either.  The receipt only shows up as an image that I have to manually match.

However when I scan a photo of a receipt with expense it, it matches. 

I used to have the receipts auto match but they don't anymore.  Can someone provide assistance to how to automatically match online purchases again?

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can tell you that the email address: receipts@concur.com was not designed to auto-match receipts to transactions. This email address was for receipt image storage only to go into your Available Receipts to then be assigned by the user to the correct line item. 

ExpenseIt items should get matched to their corporate card charges. 

In your last line you say "how to match online purchases". I'm not sure what you mean by this. 

SAP Concur auto-matches e-receipts and Expenseit items to corporate card charges. E-receipts are only from Airlines, Car Rental agencies and Hotels and must be turned on by the user to have them come into SAP Concur. The air, car and hotel must be booked through SAP Concur Travel. Other apps (like Lyft) can match ride receipts to card charges also. 

Can you clarify what you mean by "online purchases", please? 

Thank you,

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
BenSwaby
Occasional Member - Level 1

Wow.. we just signed up with concur and finding out there that receipts@concur.com is a flop as it doesn't auto-match.. In this day and age, many things are purchased through digital with only a digital transaction.  

So basically what you are telling each of us is that we need to take at least 5 more steps (print receipt, get receipt off the printer, grab phone, open app, take picture....)  vs just forwarding it in email to receipts@concur.com.   To put this in a broader picture, my last credit card statement had 87 items that was digital receipt purchases.  

435 additional step | 87 items * 5 additional steps 

$8 in paper/ink costs

So, are you telling each one of us that we need to take 5 additional steps or in my case 435 additional steps to make auto-match work?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BenSwaby Hello there. So, our receipts@concur.com option is not for matching receipts. It is for receipt storage only to help users make sure they do not lose a receipt. It offers a way for users to snap a picture of a receipt immediately upon getting the receipt and sending it to SAP Concur for safe storage until they want to assign it to an expense on their report. 

The additional 5 steps you mention are not needed. If you receive a digital receipt from a vendor and it is in PDF format, you can forward that to receipts@concur.com. The receipt image will be placed into your Available Receipts to assign to an expense line item. 

If you receive a copy of a digital receipt and it isn't in pdf format or any other format SAP Concur accepts, then what you can do is screenshot the receipt and save it as pdf, jpeg, png or tif. Once you have saved it, then you have two choices; 1. Send to receipts@concur.com so it will be put in your available receipts; 2. Keep the file on your computer and when you need to assign it to an expense entry, you can click Attach Receipt and then browse for the image. 

I've been at SAP Concur for almost 12 years and have done my fair share of expense reports and I have yet to ever print a receipt. I've also pulled up a digital receipt on my computer screen and used my mobile phone to take a picture of it on my screen. Then, from my phone's photo album, attached the image to an expense entry using SAP Concur mobile. 

Do you happen to know if your company has purchased our ExpenseIt feature? If you have, this will do the auto-matching you are looking for. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
BenSwaby

thanks for the fast reply.  It's nice to see that this forum is active with concur support.  Also, thanks for the 12 years of service as I know that goes a long way into helping people like me.  Now for the fun stuff.

Receipts@concur.com

-Does not ever auto-match when sent directly by email.  Will that ever change?

Phone

-Taking a picture of the screen is a hit or miss on some screens.  I know taking a picture from my iphone of my macbook pro constantly tries to focus while taking a picture. I assume this is some refresh issue between camera and screen, which is why it's a hit or miss.

-Pictures i have taken from my phone of my macbook screen that do capture a somewhat clean copy never auto-match to an item in a report

-not everyone uses a computer on a daily basis as phones are becoming the workhorse for some.  are they just out of luck for auto-match?

-it seems safe to assume that the screen scrape engine is built within the mobile app and not your servers

-the mobile app only seems to use pictures and cannot grab documents in onedrive or sharepoint

-you can't be in another app and send the page, screen, email, etc.. to sap concur.  For example: i can be in email or a web page and click eFax and have it fax that item directly to someone.  Why can't i do the same thing with Concur mobile app.

ExpenseIT

I'm not sure how to tell if we own it or not as I don't remember all the things we have.. I know it's quite a few things turned on.  I can tell you taht expense is on for the website and mobile and our corporate credit card vendor is sending concur transactions.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BenSwaby I'll take a stab at some of your questions. See my replies inline (red text). 

-Does not ever auto-match when sent directly by email.  Will that ever change? I don't believe it is on our roadmap to use receipts@concur.com for automatching. However, if you do by chance have ExpenseIt purchased, you can actually email your receipts to receipts@expenseit.com. This will then use our auto-matching capabilities for corporate card purchases. The easiest way to know if you have ExpenseIt is to login to the mobile app. On the home screen, look for the camera icon. If it says ExpenseIt, then your company has it. 

Phone

-Taking a picture of the screen is a hit or miss on some screens.  I know taking a picture from my iphone of my macbook pro constantly tries to focus while taking a picture. I assume this is some refresh issue between camera and screen, which is why it's a hit or miss. I totally get it. That is why I use SnagIt or some other screen capture software. You might even be able to google and find a free software that will do this. 

-Pictures i have taken from my phone of my macbook screen that do capture a somewhat clean copy never auto-match to an item in a report receipts@concur.com is not designed to auto-match. It is stricly receipt storage only. 

-not everyone uses a computer on a daily basis as phones are becoming the workhorse for some.  are they just out of luck for auto-match? When I train new users, I guide them to use their mobile phone to take a picture of all their receipts immediately when they get the receipt. If they do it using the camera icon in the SAP Concur mobile app, the receipt image will be in Concur waiting for the user to assign it to an expense. The only auto-match options we have are ExpenseIt and the E-receipts feature. 

-it seems safe to assume that the screen scrape engine is built within the mobile app and not your servers Not sure what you mean by "screen scrape". 

-the mobile app only seems to use pictures and cannot grab documents in onedrive or sharepoint correct, SAP Concur's receipts have to be in pdf, jpg, tiff or png format. 

-you can't be in another app and send the page, screen, email, etc.. to sap concur.  For example: i can be in email or a web page and click eFax and have it fax that item directly to someone.  Why can't i do the same thing with Concur mobile app. That I do not know, since I'm not on the mobile development team. 

ExpenseIT

I'm not sure how to tell if we own it or not as I don't remember all the things we have.. I know it's quite a few things turned on.  I can tell you taht expense is on for the website and mobile and our corporate credit card vendor is sending concur transactions. Addressed this above. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
BenSwaby

The receipts@expenseit.com was the key to automating the emails that contain a pdf attachment.   Super sweet!!!  

The other thing I am seeing is that expenseit in the sap concur app detects the amount, but never seems to try to auto-match to a receipt.  

Is the the default behavior?

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Auto-matching occurs three ways:

• Available expenses - expenses that are not yet on a report will be matched with similar available expenses
  • Open report - every time the user opens an expense report, the system will review all available expenses to see if they match to expenses already on that report
  • Expense Assistant - the expense assistant continuously reviews new available expenses to see if they should be matched to existing report expenses or added to a report as a new expense.  Expense Assistant must first be enabled by they company and second must be opted into by the individual user.

Available receipts - which are pictures of the receipt - are simple image files with no known data facts.  They will never be auto-matched to an expense.  If there are data facts for the image, for example if the image was OCRed by ExpenseIt, then it will be on the Available Expenses list and not on the Available Receipts list.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BenSwaby ExpenseIt is analyzing the receipt to create an entry, it isn't looking to match to an existing receipt. Auto-match is done by the SAP Concur system, not by ExpenseIt. ExpenseIt is a receipt analyzation tool only that creates entries from receipt images that then get matched to their corresponding corporate card charges (if expense was paid for on Corp Card) by the SAP Concur system. ExpenseIt is not designed to auto-match, just to auto-create entries from receipt details. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey