cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HISEA
Occasional Member - Level 2

Problems with Corporate Card Feed & Quickbooks

We are new to Concur and have had a host of issues with onboarding.  After more than a month of trying to get our corporate card feed set up, it finally happened.  But it turns out that we cannot edit the vendor name ... which means that when we connect with Quickbooks (desktop), the items will not match - e.g., each entry for Starbucks will have the store # after it.  This decreases the efficiency and usefulness, as each entry requires us to add a new vendor to QBs.  

Concur support did not have any suggestions.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

12 REPLIES 12
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @HISEA , I am sorry for all of the issues and setbacks you have had with getting up and running with SAP Concur.  The process is not always an easy one, but hopefully things will be better moving forward.  Is the issue that there are characters/symbols that should not be in the Vendor field?  Are those items causing the transactions to fail in Quickbooks?  Or is it just that you can't modify the field and you would like to have that access?   

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments.  To tag me on your response, you click the  Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
HISEA

We would like to be able to edit the vendor field so that they match the vendor list in QBs.  We don't want to have 50 different Starbucks or versions of Amazon (e.g., AMZN, Amazon marketplace, AMZN market, etc.).   It's not causing transactions to fail, but it requires that our controller add innumerable vendors when they don't exactly match what is in QBs.  This doesn't make any sense.    

HISEA

@MelanieT (Even though you told me, I forgot to tag you)

We would like to be able to edit the vendor field so that they match the vendor list in QBs.  We don't want to have 50 different Starbucks or versions of Amazon (e.g., Starbucks Store  #123, Starbucks Store #234, AMZN, Amazon marketplace, AMZN market, etc.).   It's not causing transactions to fail, but it requires that our controller add innumerable vendors when they don't exactly match what is in QBs.  This doesn't make any sense.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@HISEA  I'm so sorry I missed this!  What I would suggest is not using the Vendor Description field.  When that field is used and you have a CC transaction it auto populates (as you know) and you can not modify it (as you also know).  You could just have the Vendor Name field on there and then the user would have to populate that field, it would not be automatically filled.  Another option would be to have a custom field with a list of Vendors you use and they can choose from that.  

The other options is you can have our Credit Card team have it set up so your Vendor Description will not contain special characters/numbers and that way you would not have that extra info.  

I know these option or probably not ideal for you, but they are ways to get around that! Let me know if you have more questions!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
HISEA

@MelanieT Thank you for this response!  Your proposed solution of not using the Vendor Description field.  I've looked at the Expense Settings and don't see a way to remove the Vendor Description field or add the Vendor Name field.  Can you direct me to some reference material that I can look at?  Thank you!

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@HISEA I was able to go into your site and I see you are using our Standard Platform.  I will need to reach out to our Standard team and see if this can be changed.  I'm sorry that I didn't realize that before.  I'll update you as soon as I can!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
HISEA

@MelanieT Appreciate you looking into this for us, Melanie!  Fingers crossed that this is available.  🙂

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@HISEA I just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten about you! I am still researching 🙂  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@HISEA Thank you for your patience!  I was able to confirm these steps to hide the field.  You will want to make it not required before you hide it though. 

You will need the "Can Administer" permissions and take the following steps: 

1. Go to Administration > Expense Settings 
  2. Under Capturing Spend, click Edit beside Expense Types for Expenses
  3. Click Expense Forms 
  4. In the Vendor Description column click on your current setting and then select desired visibility from the list options below for any categories you want to change this for
  • Optional - user can add or leave this field blank
  • Required - system will require user to add a value
  • Hidden - will not show in user's view

5. Click Save 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
HISEA

@MelanieT 

Hi, Melanie - I followed the steps, trying both optional and hidden, but the Vendor Description field remains unchangeable for credit card transactions that are fed into my account.  

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@HISEA I'm so sorry!  At this point, I would create a Support Case and have our Standard Support team work directly with you!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
HISEA

@MelanieT Thank you for this information!  I've implemented the changes, but am waiting for a credit card transaction to clear so that I can confirm that it works.  Fingers crossed!