cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stu
Occasional Member - Level 1

Preventing users making private mileage claims

I am trying to prevent users from making mileage claims when they do not have business insurance. 

If I remove their private car from the configuration they can add it back themselves, can I prevent them adding a car, or apply a zero rate to them, so if they try and make a claim it return £0.

I have created a new mileage rate group, but when I click use a Custom Configuration I get the following warning, I am not confident to say yes as it isn't clear what the implications of this are.

Stu_0-1695819828231.png

Any suggestions please.

2 REPLIES 2
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Stu Hi!  Here is what I found in regards to that message:

We do recommend that employees make a note of their accumulated mileage so that they can use that figure when re-entering their vehicles. The accumulated mileage is reset when users are moved between policy groups and the users need to re-enter their vehicle registration.

If you already have assigned some users to one of these policy groups - e.g. Company Car Elec Configuration and now you enable the custom rates those users might have to re-register their vehicles as well.

You definitely can make the reimbursement zero, but that will be for all users within that Car mileage group.  It also might not hurt to create a support case for our Car Config team can help you as well!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Stu
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have created a new Car Group, see below, it is when I try to select Use Custom Configuration that I get that scary message.    Reregistering vehicles is not really a problem.  This is in the circumstance where they shouldn't be claiming business mileage as they are not adequately insured. @MelanieT 

Stu_0-1696335928092.png