cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USWsdymerski
Occasional Member - Level 2

Policy configuration shows new group in "Editable By" but not in "Applies To"

I don't know if I should open a ticket for this. I am reviewing configurations since we have added 2 new Expense (Professional) employee groups. In the Group Configurations, I have added the US Expense Policy as Active for Group, Is Default for Group, and Inheritable. I did the same for a new group we created to use CA Expense Policy.

In the Policies configurations, I added each new group to one of US Expense Policy and CA Expense Policy. But, in the Policies configuration window listing of the Policy Names, in the "Editable By" column, both of my new groups are showing, which is fine, however, in the "Applies To" column, only the new group for CA Expense Policy is showing and the new group added to US Expense Policy is not showing here.

Is this an issue or an error? I have checked all of the setups and everything is completed and matches for the setups of the new groups, but I don't understand where the values for the "Applies To" column are derived from.

Please let me know if I should create a support case for this and if you have any information on where the "Applies To" group values come from.

Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@USWsdymerski my guess is you need the Shared Configuration Administrator role. Currently you have this role, but it is the restricted role. I think the Unrestricted role is what you would need.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@USWsdymerski Hi!  What are the two new groups you just added?  Was it the US and CA Car Allowance ones?  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@USWsdymerski I'm taking a look just for an extra set of eyes. I did notice that in your Employee groups you don't have a CA Group 2. Shouldn't there be one?

As for the Applies to...I'm still looking. Everything appears to be correct.

KevinD_0-1717619228069.png

Thank you,
Kevin
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@USWsdymerski were you working with someone from SAP Concur when you created the new groups?

Thank you,
Kevin
USWsdymerski

@KevinD @MelanieT Hi both and thank you for responding. Yes, the 2 new groups are the US Car Allowance Mileage Rate and CA Car Allowance Mileage Rate. They do show under the Expense tab for me:

USWsdymerski_0-1717678053220.png

But when I click on the Employee tab, I see no groups at all (is this a role/permission thing?). I also did notice that CA Group 2 was missing from my configuration report, but I wasn't sure if the report was correct, since it limits what it displays based on just most recent items added (though CA Group 2 was the most recent one added).

On a call with Brett Johson and another person from SAP Concur (sorry I forgot her name), we created the US Car Allowance Mileage Rate group together (US Group 2 / US2) and then after the call I created the CA Car Allowance Mileage Rate group myself (CA Group 2 / CA2) using the same steps we did on the call:

USWsdymerski_1-1717678268457.png

I can also provide you with the setup document I wrote for all of this; is there a way to email it to you? If you email me at sdymerski@usw.org I can reply send it to you as an attachment. 

USWsdymerski

@KevinD @MelanieT Kevin, you are right, even when I go to permissions to add the new groups to my roles, only US Group 2 shows up. I "resaved" CA Group 2 (just to see if that would do anything), but it didn't.

@USWsdymerski did you try adding the CA Group 2 under the Employee tab on the Group Configurations screen?

Also, have you spoken to Brett about this? Since you've already worked with him, he might be a better resource to reach out to.

Thank you,
Kevin
USWsdymerski

@KevinD I cannot add CA Group 2 under the Employee tab on the Group Configurations screen. As I mentioned earlier in the post, that tab is blank to me. I do not know what role I need in order to be able to use that tab. This is all I get:

USWsdymerski_0-1717690586570.png

I will reach out to Brett, he is very busy and usually is not able to respond to email requests as quickly as I am sure he would like to. I posted on Community because I wasn't sure if it was a simple fix, or if I needed to enter a Support Case, ....

At any rate, it does appear that I do need to enter a Support Case for both my access to the Employee tab under Group Configurations and as to why US Car Allowance Mileage Rate will not show under "Applies To" (I apparently have issues with both newly created groups). I will then send off an email to Brett and give him the Case number. thank you for your help!

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@USWsdymerski my guess is you need the Shared Configuration Administrator role. Currently you have this role, but it is the restricted role. I think the Unrestricted role is what you would need.

Thank you,
Kevin
USWsdymerski

Yes, I figured I needed that role and it is not available to anyone in my organization to assign (role does not exist) so I will need to ask for that to be taken care of as well.

USWsdymerski

I have opened a case and copied my account manager and Brett Johnson and provided the link to this thread as well. As soon as I can get that role assigned, I will probably be able to fix these issues, or at least better determine what needs to be corrected if I need to open additional support cases. Thank you so much for your help with this it is much appreciated!

USWsdymerski

@KevinD @MelanieT Here are the 2 change logs pertinent to the creation of the 2 new groups:

the US2 created by Brett Johnson:

USWsdymerski_2-1717680239189.png

USWsdymerski_3-1717680569142.png

It appears that the step for Object: Global Group-US Group 2 / Step Name: created did NOT happen for CA Group 2; I don't believe I missed any steps but I will go back and check.