cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shbrand
New Member - Level 1

Personal Expense Reimbursement (not on company credit card)

Hello,

We sometimes have employees who have personal expenses(i.e. personal fed ex, phone charges, etc) that need to be reimbursed to the company.  We typically ask employees to add an accounts receivable line to an expense report or pay the company back by check. When an employee does have an expense report, sometimes the employee forgets to add the accounts receivable line and we have to send the report back to the employee which then routes the report back through all of the approvals.   I've spoken with Concur Support and they say it is by system design that the expense processor can not add a line to an employee's expense report and then once the report is returned to the employee, it must go back through approvals.  

Does anyone have something similar and come up with a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon

2 REPLIES 2
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @shbrand ,

Unfortunately, this is how the system works and there is the maker checker logic that corresponds to the system behavior. One way that I have seen companies address this is by having the audit step before manager approvals. Hope this helps.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @shbrand !  In addition to Rohan's post, here is a little more info.  You can set up your workflow so that it will skip steps if a report was ever sent back if you prefer. If you would like for this to be set up, you can create a Support Case and we can help with that!  

MelanieT_0-1694626003406.png

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.