cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrissieMoore
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal Car Mileage

I am processing staffs personal Car Mileage Claims - there is a box highlighted in red asking number of days rental? This particular person gets a car allowance and I have set up the applicable mileage rates. Does anyone know why its asking number of days rental and how to get round this?

Thanks Chrissie

3 REPLIES 3
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @ChrissieMoore 

it seems an individual setting of the company you are working for.

How many Expenses  Types do you have available for mileage? Only that one asking the number of days rental? If so, from my side which I can't know your company or have visibility of your system, wouldn't make much sense, as Rental should instead go with Fuel reimbursement rather than mileage reimbursement, but I would in your case contact your company's system administrator.

OR if you have also a different one available try to see what bring that different option.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChrissieMoore Days rented is a field we see for employees that have reserved a rental car and used a rental car for business reasons. Personal mileage claims should not see a Days Rented field. This tells me one of two things:

1. The users are selecting the incorrect expense type when trying to claim personal mileage.

2. Your system was setup incorrectly where the personal mileage expense type is using an incorrect form. 

Ideally, it would be best if the users are selecting the incorrect expense type, because this is an easy fix by just telling the users which expense type to use. If the issue is the wrong form being used, you likely will need to submit a Support ticket to Concur to get this fixed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChrissieMoore Me again. Can you provide me one of the names of the employees this is happening to, please? 

If you do not want to post the name publicly, send me a private message. To do that, click on my username (KevinD), click View Profile, then you will see a blue button that says Message. I'd like to look at an expense report that has this issue. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.