cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccizek
Occasional Member - Level 2

Pending on Concur but processed on statement

I've had a charge "pending" on Concur since 9/13, but according to the Amex statement it has fully processed as a charge. I don't know how to get this item paid if it won't process. Any help / advice would be appreciated!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccizek I looked at the ticket number on both the pending item and the card charge and they looked the same to me, so that's why I feel they are for the same expense. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccizek the following article explains working with Pending Card Transaction items. 

Everything you need to know about pending card transaction items

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ccizek

@KevinD I tried using that article as a guide, but am still confused. I could delete it, and wait until the actual charge shows up but it seems unlikely to since it's been pending for over a month, and then the charge posted on the card long ago so it will appear to be a late payment. The actual charge hasn't shown up either for me to match them, it's always just been floating there as pending. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccizek Okay, I went into your account and did not see any pending charge, so I had to put on my detective hat and deduce that this is someone else's expense report. I was right. 🙂

I always ask users to go back and look at previous reports to see if the corporate card charge had already been submitted. I would like you to do the same thing for Eugene's reports. When you go into his account, click Expense at the top of the screen. On the next screen, there will be a link that says Active Reports. Click this link and select Last 90 Days to see his most recent reports. I want you to double-check to see if there is an expense report with a total that matches the amount of the pending item. Once you do that, will you come back here and let me know what you found or didn't find, please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ccizek

Hi @KevinD, thank you for looking into this! I've checked, and the charge hasn't been submitted. Oddly enough, there is a charge with the same exact amount for a similar flight, but that is not the one, as they have different invoices / booking references with Amex. I can't find this charge submitted anywhere 😞

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccizek Okay, I want you to open up Eugene's report pictured below. This has an airfare expense on his corporate card. Look at the receipt that is attached. 

KevinD_0-1667246670190.png

Now look at the Duplicate Charges report. Look at the receipt that is attached to that entry. It is the same receipt. The Invoice date on the receipt says 09/12/2022. I know the entry itself says 09/13/2022, but that doesn't mean it is a different invoice. 

The card charge in question was already submitted. The Pending Item is the same as the already submitted card charge. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ccizek

Hi @KevinD, I think this is what I was referencing before. The charge I already submitted on P/E 09/01/22 is for an identical amount, with the invoice booking reference MNUACK for a trip on Oct. 20th. The pending charge has a booking reference MEWUJL for a trip on Oct. 18th. Both for $978.54. This does make them different invoices, I would think? The Amex statement has both charges, one on Sept. 10 and one on Sept. 13, neither is pending, both are fully processed.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccizek I looked at the ticket number on both the pending item and the card charge and they looked the same to me, so that's why I feel they are for the same expense. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ccizek

Ugh, Concur is messing me up then with all this confusion on difference booking IDs and invoices 🙂 Thank you for your help @KevinD!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccizek Glad I could help. Usually if you see a pending item with a total that exactly matches an already submitted card charge, the chances are very high they are for the same thing. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey