cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnkonwick
New Member - Level 1

Payment Type

I import most expenses via mobile app. Many of my expenses but not all, show payment type as cash when a credit card was uses and receipt image uploaded. How do I stop this?

Thanks,

John

12 REPLIES 12
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@johnkonwick hello there. I went in and looked at your expense report. I see several expenses that have a little mobile phone icon next to them. So, I want to ask you...when you pay for a business expense, you use your corporate MasterCard, correct? Can you please tell me what you do next? Do you go into the mobile app? If so, what are you doing when you first go into the mobile app? 

Walk me through the steps you are taking? I have an idea of what is happening, but need you to explain what you are doing so I can know if what I think is happening is indeed happening. 🙂

I'll await your reply then assist from there.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

If you open your report on your computer, Concur will match most of those charges that were manually created, as long as the date and totals match, and as long as the report has not been submitted.  

Nancy Murray
Agfa
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nancyagfa you are correct. I was able to connect with @johnkonwick and explain what was happening. It was a case where he was taking pictures of receipts in the mobile app (not with ExpenseIt) and it was uploading them into his available expenses instead of Available Receipts. So, it was creating an out of pocket mobile expense and wasn't always getting matched to the card charge. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jchan15
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have the exact same problem uploading the receipt with SAP Concur app now I cant change the payment type. How can I fix this ? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jchan15 what do you want to change the payment type to? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
jchan15

Corporate Card

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jchan15 by system design, that is not possible. The corporate card payment is auto-assigned to the corp card transactions that come in. It is not a payment type you can choose. You have to actually have the imported credit card charge. Any expense entry you create manually will not have corporate card as a payment type option. If you create an expense manually, you can match it to a corporate card transaction that has uploaded. When the match takes place, the payment type of the card transaction will override the Cash payment type.

For the expense in question, when did the transaction take place? Also, have you had other corporate card transactions upload into your SAP Concur Available Expenses?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MandyLeung
New Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

I didn't create the payment manually, and the AMEX credit card charge is imported. However, CASH is the only payment option i can choose...should I choose it when submitting the expenses report?

Thanks,

Mandy

Mathamurali

Hello, I'm an admin for our corporate cards. One of our employee has submitted an expense as cash payment when in fact this is a card payment. The issue is, there is an unallocated card payment for this expense. Is there a way I can remove the approved cash payment and add the card payment in to the expense report?  

@Mathamurali if you are their delegate or you proxy in as them, you can recall the report and add the expense. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Mathamurali

Can I delete the cash entry once the claim is recalled? And, once I have added the card expense will this have to go through the usual approval process again? 

@Mathamurali yes and yes. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey