cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toriehigh
Routine Member - Level 1

Overdue Expenses Reporting

As we are preparing for year end, I've been trying to get a jump start on sending reminders to our users who have old transactions that haven't been submitted in an expense report yet.  I've ended up working off of two different standard intelligence reports: Unsubmitted Expense Entry Analysis Details (grouped by employee) and Unassigned Credit Card Transactions.

What I'm trying to do is see ALL unsubmitted company card expenses, so that I can sort by the date and send reminders to everyone who has anything over 60 days.  Since the Unsubmitted report doesn't appear to include items that are not in expense reports, and the Unassigned report doesn't include items that are, I have to work from both.  

What do all of you use in terms of reporting for this task?  Is there one that I'm missing that would give me all of that info in one place?  Did you build a report from scratch?  I've thought about doing that, but reporting is definitely not my strong suit in Concur.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Torie

12 REPLIES 12
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi Torie,

Have you tried the other reports in the Accrual folder? (Public Folders -> Intelligence -> Standard Reports -> Accrual)

• Expense Accrual by Date Range - can be filtered by Payment Type to only include card transactions
  • Top Employees with Unassigned or Unsubmitted CC Transactions - sounds like exactly what you're looking for

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

DeanR makes a great suggestion. I'd like to add one that might be less time consuming. Try using an Email Reminder. That way you don't have to go to Cognos, build a report, run the report, look at all the data, then compose an email. With the reminder, you build the condition to look at all employees with unsubmitted transactions older than whatever amount of days you want. Once the reminder is built, that night a job will run and send out an email to all employees with the unsubmitted transactions. You set up the rule and reminder, SAP Concur does the emailing for you. 

If you need help with building an email reminder, feel free to send me a private message. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
toriehigh
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion, but we already use the email reminders option.  What I'm trying to do is reach out to those employees who choose to ignore those reminders with targeted, specific, and mildly scary messaging.

-Torie  

abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Maybe keeping their manager in cc or business controllers on email reminders helps here? 🙂

cgivens
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Torie

We have three levels of email reminders to employees who aren't submitting their expenses timely.  The final one says their credit card will be suspended in 7 days and it's cc'd to the credit card administrator.

Since any type of suspension has to be done by our cc admin, they can reach out directly before they suspend or they can suspend if the user is a repeat offender.

Regards, 

Cynthia

tkgudmunson

Hi @cgivens ! 
We currently have a single expense report reminder email for all users but I would really like to update our reminders to be three levels based on how overdue the report is, and the final one would say the card would be suspended. Would you be willing to share the audit rules you built for your reminders? I was going to open a case but I would rather just build them on my own. Thank you! 

Tayler

cgivens

Hi @tkgudmunson

I am willing to share.  Let's set up a meeting to go over it.  My direct email is cynthia.givens@fortisbc.com

mcooper
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can you please provide me with step by step instructions on how to set up these emailed reminders?

Also, am I able to run a report to see who has transactions that have yet to be processed and submitted?

Thanks,

Misty

toriehigh
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll definitely check out the accrual report and see if it works for me.  I've tried the other one, and it unfortunately doesn't work for my purposes.

-Torie

craigeh1

Yes building a new report in an option but another opton is to  processs the Unsubmitted Expense Entry Analysis Details (grouped by employee) and Unassigned Credit Card Transactions re[prt amd then save as an excel file.  THen you could select the columns of data the you want form each report into another excel file.  Then you could sort the combined data to know what user to send the strongly worded overdue notification.

SarahC
New Member - Level 1

Hi 

I am trying to help someone who has left the company -so they no longer have access to Concur ...  it seems that there are som expense reports from Janaury 2020 that were not closed correctly...

I was not a delegate for this person but is there any way to send in the receipts that relate to these old reports??

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SarahC you can proxy in as the user, if you have the Proxy permission. If you do not, your system administrator will either; 1. need to assign you the permisson or 2. Be the one to proxy in and take care of the expense reports. 

Only the proxy permission allows a user to go into an inactive Concur profile. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.