cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdwinaM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Next Gen UI - Reduction in functionality for receipt matching

We have delayed moving to the new UI due to a reduction in functionality for our expense Prepares in usability.  Our early adopters have all asked to move back to old UI for a number of reasons - one of the main ones being this:

- In the Old UI, users are able to view a receipt in the receipt store and click to match it with the correct expense line.

- In the New UI, users are not able to do this.  They must click on the expense line, which opens in a new window, and then search for the matching receipt. 

Imagine this scenario:

Traveller has 20 receipts from the same restaurant.  Prepararer is trying to match them to the expense lines.  Under old UI they could start this matching process by viewing the receipt image and then selecting the correct expense to append it to.  This is quite efficient as user can quickly view amount and date on the receipt and find the matching expense. 

Under new UI, the user has to open an expense line and then click into each receipt image until they find the right one.  They may need to open 20 images before they find the matching receipt.  

In the old UI, it takes Preparer 10 mins to submit their report.  In the new UI, it takes 30 mins.

Could we please request a review of this core functionality.  I would happily join a zoom to share the experience on the screen.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Juaorpo

Yes, here were are lossing much more time to complete reports with the new user interface. Not only for receipts, attendees, itemization are heavily affected.

mmarshall_SEAS
New Member - Level 2

I have also run into this issue since the drag and drop receipts feature was removed in the new UI. Now instead of dragging a receipt to attach it to an expense (which took 5 seconds), I now have to either search through all of my uploaded receipts and am often times working with 20+ receipts at a time, or have to individually upload one at a time, taking ~30 seconds each time. 

reedred

I also would be happy to demonstrate this pain point on a Zoom call for anyone who will listen.

reedred

A user in another thread posted a link to an improvement suggestion that support users can vote on for drag and drop.

https://community.concur.com/t5/User-Admin-Group/Customer-influence-Drag-and-drop-receipts/td-p/3672...

If you want to see this basic functionality return, please check it out.  Apparently each SAP Concur client company can have 1 vote counted.  Thanks!