cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Effective1
Occasional Member - Level 1

New Concur UI is poorly designed and will cost my team hours/days of wasted time each month!

I just sat down to complete my expense report and noticed that the complete format has changed.

Concur has always been poorly designed and despite giving constructive feedback on every report for about 4 years now - I have not seen a single improvement (or even the courtesy of a response). Now to make things worse, they just went back to the stone ages on layout and workflow. For example, I now have to search for an expense and click the box to select then scroll back to the top to pick the type of activity I want to do (edit) then scroll back to the expense to do the work. Those extra searches, scrolls, clicks, scrolls on 300 line items adds hours to an already over burdened task of correcting the incorrect automated selection of expense category that happens EVERY TIME an expense is imported. This product is not only not smart, it is downright stupid. It simply cannot remember anything constructive and always reverts back to defaults that are not correct (and can't be edited). Now the new UI magnifies this extra work to make this thing downright unbearable! We should be charging SAP Concur an hourly rate for wasted time that my salespeople could/should be using to work with customers. Excel and manual entry is 4X faster than this product. Very disappointed and downright mad about having to use such a terrible product.

20 REPLIES 20
steevh
New Member - Level 1

100%. Taken the worst UX in the industry for any B2B app and made it completely unusable.   It would be easier to reinstate paper expense forms than use concur.  Total fail.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@steevh we do have a program for providing feedback for our NextGen UI specifically. Let me know if you are interested in participating. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JustAnotherUser

KevinD,

please understand that your users are very busy people and we do not have time to babysit your marketing team.

clareusmar

Hi Kevin, I would be interested in the feedback programme. I have been an administrator for our organisation for seven years. The New UI is an absolute horror; even as a seasoned user it's taking me three times as long to do most tasks as a user or when offering user support.

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@clareusmar  Thanks for the follow up post in the Concur Community. To submit a new improvement request or vote on an existing improvement request, please visit the Customer Influence Website.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Effective1 hello there. Just wanted to make sure I respond since you said you hadn't ever received any. A couple of questions for you:

1. You said you provided feedback on every report for about 4 years. Was this feedback provided on the report itself by using Comments? How was your feedback provided exactly?

2. The description of searching for an expense, clicking the box to select, then scroll back to pick the type of activity, could you provide a screenshot of this for me please? I wasn't really following the steps. I've not had to carry out these steps on my expense reports, so I'm trying to get an idea of your experience.

One thing I can say is, I have a contact that is working with the Product team who is listening to customer feedback and acting on that feedback. We actually have a program specifically for NextGen UI feedback. If you would like to participate in the feedback formally, please let me know. I'd be happy to point you to the article here on the Community that discusses it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
NicoB

Hello KevinD,

If it might help the development of the new UI, I'd be glad to help with that.

For point 2.: If you have a lot of expenses and you want to merge/edit several of them, you have to scroll down to get all of them. So after checking all boxes on the left side, you have to scroll back on top to execute the action. Better would be if the top section with executions would be fixed, so no scrolling would be needed. Hope that clarified it for you.

Nico

jmeyersea
Occasional Member - Level 2

FYI, from the influence portal:

The Influence Opportunity "NextGen UI for Expense - End User Feedback" is about to end. Thanks to all for your contribution and valuable input.
Aug 29, 2022, 7:00:00 PM
clareusmar

Hi Kevin, I would be interested in providing feedback on NextGen. There are parts of Concur Expense that work well for us, just some aspects could do with improvement,

JustAnotherUser

Concur has no clue about marketing and user care.

Expense report filing is an unproductive task, so we business people want to get it done as quickly as possible.

Millions, probably tens of millions of users, are accustomed to the old interface, and now we have to start from zero again.

How many tens of millions of hours will be lost in learning a new interface just because a smarty pants at Concur though it was a good idea to change the whole interface?

At least give the choice to keep the old interface!

DRRADDD

The design of the new UI is poor and it is apparent that the person/persons who designed it do not use it.  I am spending my day fielding emails, Im's and calls regarding the new UI and the distain for it. I do understand most individuals do not like change, but I have to admit that this was one of the worst design decisions Concur has made to day.  It is taking me twice as long to review and approve reports.  Employees are complaining on how difficult it is to navigate the new UI and I would have to agree.  I also spend my day showing employees how to do something as simple as attach a receipt.  This new UI decision is costing the our company time and money.

psreed
New Member - Level 2

I was just also moved onto this terrible interface. I have the following issues:

1. The content strip in the center of the screen is forced width and isn't even wide enough to show the full details in details view without scrolling sideways, even though most of my screen is free on either side of the content. 

It seems like it's hard coded width to the standard view. It should at the very least expand the center content to fill the available browser width.

2. I can't view the other expenses on the sidebar like I used to while viewing the details of a single expense on the same screen.

I used to be able to see the other expenses side-by-side with the current expense and the available receipts in the same view. It's now all separate pages that need to be clicked around back and forth, causing a substantial increase in time it takes to complete a report, even with a minimal amount of expenses.

3. There's no way to go back to the old view that I can find. I would remain on the old interface, but wasn't even given a choice.

4. There's no "Feedback" button in the interface directly for this input. I had to find a forum, create yet another login that I'll need to manage a password for all just to provide this feedback, that will likely be ignored.

*** This is a major UX fail and it's obvious that user workflow interaction was not a priority in its design. ***

Cheers.

klk2001
New Member - Level 2

Registered just to +1 as I just got switched over as well.

They're trying too hard to make it look like a mobile app and forgot that people have mouses and large monitors.  At least give us an option.  Really nothing better to do with their time than to mess with something that already worked 100% fine?

MaterialJV

@KevinD - I also just joined to complain about this update, It is terrible. Clicking into an expense to fill out the information and then having to click back will definitely add time to my end of month process. Crazy someone actually approved this UI. 

DKANNBRU

Now we got the new layout here in Denmark also and its awful! Sitting as Concur responsible in Mother company I have had more than 70 complaints from users over the last 14 days. All visibility has completely vanished in a poor attempt to modernize. I hope SAP will rethink and go back to a more user friendly layout!

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@DKANNBRU Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. Which layout are you talking about? Remember to submit an improvement request. To view a new improvement request or vote on an existing improvement request, please visit the Customer Influence Website.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
dtoub

The interface is terrible. I’ve given feedback to SAP directly and in the end, they just told me to complain to the person in my small company who deals with Concur. That’s not a good process. Nor is providing suggestions on a consumer forum. Read the iOS reviews-they’re pretty bad and mirror the feedback I gave previously. I would be happy to provide feedback directly with the developers. In fact, I got an email today from Apple in which one of our developers took notice of my iOS App Store review and would like to hear from me. Well, I’m happy to interact but do not see any clear way to do that from this site. 

What are the problems? Numerous:

• Many times, even if I just opened Concur on my iPhone, when I go to share a receipt from the Share dialogue, it tells me to log in to Concur, so I have to stop, go back to Concur (which is already open) and upload the receipt from there. Inefficient .
  • Concur takes quite some time to open, and I’m on an iPhone 14 Pro Max and my home Wifi has speeds > 300 Mbps.
  • In the Home Screen, clicking on any of the items (reports) on top generally takes me to a screen that is clearly a development-level template with Button, Button, Button on the bottom. Totally does not do anything.
  • Scanning receipts used to autocapture very well. Now, it won’t accurately take photos of the entire receipt, and the receipt total is usually wrong (even with PDFs from Uber)
  • Recent currency choices are not listed at the top in a consistent fashion; it doesn’t remember that I was also using USD in addition to GBP, for example. 
  • I should be able to take a receipt that has been uploaded, swipe to ExpenseIt, swipe again to move to a report. Instead, I have to open a receipt and click on the … on the upper right, hit ExpenseIt, then go back to the new expense and swipe left to move to a report. The UX is inefficient here.
  • It should be more obvious (how about on the Home tab?) where to go to create a new report, create a new expense, etc

Again, happy to interact with your developers, but when I’ve done that via the Help function in the past, I was eventually dismissed with a tone that seemed like no one wanted to be bothered with user feedback.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dtoub see @leedau 's response that has the link to our Customer Influence Website where you can submit enhancement requests.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
dtoub

As I mentioned, submitting bugs and UX issues in a consumer forum for enhancements where things get prioritized by voting is not the best way for me to do this. You know about these issues. Your users have been reporting them here, via email and on the App Store. I’m not confident your “enhancement”

forum is going to be any more helpful in getting this stuff fixed. I’d rather not deal

with window dressing. But happy to communicate with your developers if that would be possible. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dtoub unfortunately, the only process for enhancements is to use our Customer Influence site. I do have a contact on our mobile team, so I passed on what you said. I don't believe she is on the mobile development team, but she is the only one I know.

I obviously cannot make any guarantees about what you have mentioned, but I'll see what my contact says.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey