cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrmichelle
Occasional Member - Level 2

Need to Create Multiple dollar amount allowance for Hotels

Hello -

Our hotel policy allows for different dollar amounts based on the city.  I need to set these up.  When I entered a ticket, they sent me a how to guide, but I don't know what I'm looking for.  Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance....

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle I am so glad!!!  You can always add a note in the exception message that they will need to submit in order to remove the hard stop too.  I've seen that done in other sites.  Have a wonderful day!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle  How many cities are you thinking you will need this for?  If there are a lot, an audit rule might not be the best choice.  

With that said, here is how you would want to set up the rule: 

MelanieT_0-1696366475596.png

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
barrmichelle

Thanks @MelanieT  - while I was able to set up the rule - I'm now having trouble with mulitple errors showing.  When I did the test, I see an error showing my "report" was over the $350 rule, but at the same time, I'm also seeing that I'm over $225 as well.  I've added, what I thought was an exception, but seem to have missed something since the error is still showing.

Thank you!

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle Did you add cities to each rule?  If not, you will need to make sure the cities are added.  Can you provide a screenshot of what you set up? 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
barrmichelle

Hi @MelanieT  -

Thank you!

I added the cities that I didn't want to count in the $225 :

barrmichelle_0-1697471629039.png

Our policy is $225 hotel per night except New York and Seattle.  So, I added "not equal" to Seattle Washington thinking it would not include Seattle in the error.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle Are the test reports in your profile?  If so, do I have your permission to test? 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
barrmichelle

@MelanieT  -

Yes it is - and yes, please take a look.  I really appreciate your assistance!!

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle Hi Michelle!  Are the rules that are being triggered the ones with the exception code of MEALIMIT and MEALMT?  I want to make sure I'm looking at the correct rules for you!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
barrmichelle

@MelanieT 

I'm in "Audit Rules" looking at "Hotel Room Rate exceeds Amount Allowed..."

barrmichelle_0-1697571906943.png

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle THANK YOU 🙂  Looking now!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle These rules trigger upon Entry Submit.  Are you able to try and submit the report to see if these exceptions clear?  If they do not, I would suggest submitting a Support ticket so we can do more testing on our side for you! 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
barrmichelle

@MelanieT  - you are right - once submitted, the error goes away.

barrmichelle_0-1697637625957.png

I'm just concerned this is going to cause some confusion for associates who enter reports for these few cities.  Although it shouldn't be too many.  

I REALLY appreciate your help!!

Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@barrmichelle I am so glad!!!  You can always add a note in the exception message that they will need to submit in order to remove the hard stop too.  I've seen that done in other sites.  Have a wonderful day!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen