cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohaahme
Occasional Member - Level 1

Move Test Site Configuration to Production Site

Is there a way to Move Test Site Configuration to Production Site instead of doing rework. Any method or any tool or API that can help us move the changes.

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mohaahme once your test site has been moved to a production site by SAP Concur, there is no option for moving configuration changes from Test to Production. 

What we recommend is to use the Test User feature. What our customers do is create a new Group named Test Group. Then they create a couple of test users. This allows you to make configuration changes in Production but assign the changes to only apply to Test User group. This way you can test the functionality without it affecting your real users. Once you've tested and the changes are working as expected, then apply the changes to your Groups containing all your real users. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mohaahme

@KevinD 

Thank you for the response.

What we are looking is, for an example If we create a New Audit Rule or Expense Type in Test instance is there a way that we can move Test instance to Production Instance instaed of rework.

It could be through an automation or any API which will accomplish to move the changes  fromTest instance to Production Instance.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Kashif Ahmed

Agilent AMS – Cloud

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mohaahme from what I've been told, this is not possible. 

My recommendation about using Test Users and a Test User group allows you to create your new audit rule or any other configuration changes directly in the production site. 

Is there a reason you feel your configuration changes need to be made in the test site first then moved to production? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
wberb

Hi Kevin , I would like to hear more about this recommendation 'My recommendation about using Test Users and a Test User group allows you to create your new audit rule or any other configuration changes directly in the production ' 

If we need to change GL numbers and test them without impacting the current set-up there is a way to do it in production ? please advise thanks , not being able to move from test to production is a pain when you have a big amount of data to change . Please provide more insight if available . thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wberb could you clarify about testing your GL numbers, please? How do you want to test the GL numbers? Are you looking to change the GL numbers, then submit a report using expense types where the GL Numbers have been changed, submit report and have it go through the entire approval process to see if the new GL Numbers appear correctly on the extract file?

Once I hear back, I can better provide some guidance.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
wberb

That's exactly it Kevin , this is what we're trying to do , we're looking at understanding how can we avoid re-entering the data again In the prod environment . in some other projects what we do in test we can click to make it activ in prod enviroment . thanks for your help