cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

Monthly submission is priority but how to view any Event on combined report?

As company policy, I need to submit once per month; does this not imply expenses for different events are combined to a single report?

How to detect following:

1. missing claims?
  2. receipts stuck in the delivery pipeline (e.g. post office delay)?
  3. duplicate claim?

IMHO above is much easier if a report can be prepared based on event.

Is it possible to merge reports to a single submission?

7 REPLIES 7
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @panes-rubrics ,

Most companies pay concur for every expense report. This is usually a motivation to keep the expense reports down.

Another motivation for a company to recommend monthly reports for card transactions, is to support reconciliation of monthly payments made to the bank.

From an application perspective, different companies have different guidance towards employees. Some indeed recommend reports per event/ trip. Best is to check with your internal helpdesk.

Best regards,
Rohan

panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

IMHO, until my scope no longer needs to check for missing receipts, the effort to consolidating multiple reports is worthwhile; separate report for each event is much easier to visualize on a Computer Display; consolidating them monthly is not too much work (moving items from one to the consolidated report).

rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

1. Missing claims - If these are transactions incurred using corporate card, the transactions will flow and appear as unassigned. Not possible to track missing cash expenses. You could look at e-receipts but I personally find them to be unreliable in a global context.
  2. I assume you are referring to hard copies sent out to support your expense reports. Configuration is possible to allow a certain number of claims to go through before requiring receipts. However, this is down to company risk apetite.
  3. You can build audit rules to check for duplicate line items
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks for informative response:

1. Missing claims - due to my Principal's use of personal credit card, card statement can be dominated by personal expense; countercheck is more challenging (relative to Corporate Card). iPhone Shortcut is capable of capturing (via camera or GPS) a Vendor Name and location (to Notes).  IMHO, such information sharing is less intrusive on Personal privacy and ease lookup (by location and time) a list of (mix of Personal and Business) transactions in personal credit card statement.  Is there a Concur Mobile App to off-load end-user development?  If these are transactions incurred using corporate card, the transactions will flow and appear as unassigned. Not possible to track missing cash expenses. You could look at e-receipts but I personally find them to be unreliable in a global context.
  2. I assume you are referring to hard copies sent out to support your expense reports. Configuration is possible to allow a certain number of claims to go through before requiring receipts. However, this is down to company risk apetite.
  3. You can build audit rules to check for duplicate line items. Is audit rule available to Delegate? can it check across Reports including paid?
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@panes-rubrics I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. When you say "merge reports" are you speaking literally or figuratively? You cannot take to expense claims and merge them into one. However, you can have two claims and move all the expenses from one claim to another claim.

As for events, it is up to your company to decide if they do or do not want people combining the expenses from two or more events onto one claim.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
panes-rubrics
Routine Member - Level 1

May I describe my original wish for solution that meets following needs:

• pay concur for every expense report to keep the expense reports down.
  • monthly reports for card transactions, is to support reconciliation of monthly payments made to the bank.
  • From an (application) claim preparation perspective , reports per event/ trip. 

@panes-rubrics here are my thoughts on your bullet points:

• pay concur for every expense report to keep the expense reports down. This is already happening based on your contract with SAP Concur.
  • monthly reports for card transactions, is to support reconciliation of monthly payments made to the bank. Your company would need to decide if this will be your policy. If so, you would need to implement some audit rules to help drive this behavior.
  • From an (application) claim preparation perspective , reports per event/ trip. This goes against your first bullet point to keep the number of report submitted down. What happens if employees have multiple trips or events each month? You cannot have it both ways.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.